Ulsterbus and an Enterprise Express request too

rjhowie

On a theme elsewhere I mentioned my rather large modern project on the Island of Ireland had been stopped as I had got fatigued. Have slowly been pushing myself back to it. The thing was meant only to be the Northern Ireland Railways system in Ulster but I also said I had built the track over the Border via the Irish Rail system all the way to Dublin (and the Howth Branch). Anyway (!) I wondered if any one or others might consider doing this for me as a wee encouragement. Have only about 6 miles to fill in approaching Dundalk from the north but a larger lot between there and Drogheda. Drogheda - Dublin has all the scenery done as has much of Dublin and as indicated the whole of the Howth Line.

(1) A bus in Ulsterbus colours that can be running on the roads.

(2) Creating as near as possible the Enterprise Express train which runs between the 2 capitals of Belfast and Dublin.

Even without these two things I am slowly trying to get back to things after exhausting myself! I don't live over there but in the centre of the universe (Glasgow). :D

Bobby

ps. If you haven't seen my other thread see here.....northernirelandrailwaysim.moonfruit.com

Currently shelved till I get some other work sorted but I do intend to do the 201 Class in all liveries and I could probably do the DD set aswell

Hi there FiachraIR,

That is a goodly start! What would eventually be nice would be the livery on the loco and coaches of the present Enterprise Express. Good to hear from you.

As a sidetrack some time ago someone did do an Ulsterbus coloured single-decker and double-decker bus. Maybe slightly dated but I have used them as buses sitting in bus stations next to stations so handy for that and getting modern livery on such on my NIR would be good. As the original project had just been NIR it seemed a positive with moving coaches. However I have suddenly clicked maybe I might rethink that bus thing as they would appear everywhere including on roads re my IR two lines and look odd.

Thinking if I was to link to some pictures of the recently changed livery style of the Enterprise Express if someone might consider building it. Would consider paying.

I've never done Commission before but if I'm getting paid, I'll make it a top priority!!! Might get it done in 2-3 months?? By the Enterprise Express, I'm guessing you mean the 201 Class Engine+MK3 EGV+Die Dietrich Coaches+Die Dietrich Driving Coach, all in the below livery:
url
_86698071_14422f72-5ab8-425d-91d0-85b185557a8a.jpg

Well should you consider that thought what a brilliant positive and the fact of being months is not a problem at all FiachraIR . My scenery is a while for completion so time is not a problem. From your end I have scenery from Dublin Connolly all the way to Drogheda and the same on the DART branch to Howth north east of Dublin. Then 2 gaps to fill in - one from north of Drogheda to south of Dundalk (biggish) then a gap north of Dundalk a bit smaller at around 6 miles! So will take me a goodly time to get my activity back in harness after doing myself in with the whole of the NIR and seizable chunks of the IR. I got put off the project for ages and gradually trying to discipline myself to getting back to it as it is the largest and most modern effort for the island of Ireland on Trainz. Had thought of extending the junction branch at Drogheda all the way to Navan but must be nearly 18 miles so another mountain so will leave that for now!

Due to health issues been putting off a few days stay in Belfast and trip to Dublin off for ages but hope to get to it now that I am trying to get back to this big and challenging Irish project from a distant Glasgow.

Greetings Bobby! I have been away from the Trainz scene for a while as I had all sorts of problems with T-ANE, but I'm, back on the scene - still thrashing the hell out of your "Along the UTA Lines" route I'll try and get on the case with a "Traffic Ulsterbus" directly. As you're doing fairly modern day, I guess the Bristol VRT would probably be best in the absence of any Northern Irish bodied vehicles.

Good Morning Bobby. I've been busy this morning and converted the RELL and the PD3 for traffic use. Do you know how to create a Traffic Region and add them to it or would you like me to create a "Nor'n Iron" Region for you? If so, tell me what vehicles you would like included in the spawn and I'll hash one up for you.
Image1.jpg

Traffic enabled Ulsterbus PD3 and RELL uploaded today to the DLS. Filed under "Track Objects" they are [FONT=&quot]<KUID:83500:1060> and <KUID:83500:1061> respectively. [/FONT]

Firstly FiachraIR.

You are really a help to me having got back to my project for across the irish Sea. As said elsewhere big projects can run some of us into the ground and give up. As is known I got even more ambitious deciding to go beyond Newry and have scenery from Dublin Connolly complete to Drogheda as well as the DART Branch to Howth. At present now back on the build I am gradually closing the gap a mile or two north of Dundalk to the Border. The other mountain is that i have an awful lot more secenry south of Dundalk to north of Drogheda. As what i am doing is a fairly larg thing and especially the Enterprise Express part I must thank you for working on what you are doing and all going well one day fans will be able to do that Belfast-Dublin Express so good on you! With all the scenery everyone can see why I am in a crawling mode and hopefully not to be put off by the big gap betwixt Dundalk and Drogheda. Internally my Connolly will need some work but the mail thing is the criteria.

Will wait to see when I finish the Enterprise route whether to do anything with the Navan branch at Dogheda Junction. Had thought of just leaving the start of it but will see if i get this big challenge done!

Good to hear from you as well after a while and nice of you to do as you have. Admittedly the only practical problem is that if i had stuck to the long slog just with the NIR your contributing A1 and the only passing thing is that With 2 IR lines and possibly three Ulsterbuses will appear!

However I appreciate you both and that we will all going well have the Enterprise route having a train for it a brilliant addition. Spot on. Thanks sterrett and FiachIR from the ambitious Glaswegian.

Well.......now, Mr Glasgow, you've got me thinking! I wonder if it would be possible to "Regionalise" a road for route builders who cross borders, so that you can localise areas - Ulsterbuses in Northern Ireland, Belfast Corporation buses in the city, Dublin Buses around that city, CIE buses around the South and Great Northern buses in the border towns and villages and it may be possible to do some roads where only cars and light commercial vehicles are spawned, or a farm lane that only spawns the odd tractor or Land Rover.. I'm going to do a bit of experimenting to see if I can make it work.................
6434352_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Well it is certainly good to see you back! I originally decided to build the NIR because had intially travelled to NI as a wee boy then into teens with my family.In later years took BB camps to Castlerock for years then two centres on the down coast. However I did from time to time have trips of my own and I felt the province tended to get overlooked in a sense. My other thinking was that it was the worst of the four parts of GB for rail destruction so decided to have a bash. It cannot be often that a Trainzer flies somewhere to see about a build project, eh? Getting a copy of a cd made in the cab of a train from Lisburn via Crumlin was a great gain and the man who made it was very helpful and i assured him it was not for commercial purposes.

When I had originally tried to suss out that "temporarily" suspended branch I got probs. Tppk a bus from Lisburn to Ballinderry and could see the station okay from the road. Then had to wait ages for a bus to take me to the next station but no way to see or get access due to big fences and gate so yet another wait for a bus to Crumlin and no prob there. <y basic thought had been once the NIR was done a second version would conjure up a re-opening of a couple of lines for the fun of it however originally stopping beyond the Newry platforms kept niggling me and led to me extending south. It is taking ages due to the amount of scenery and as you would see on my web site here is some thought on detail. After going off at the sheer size of the sheer size recently got back to it but still have scenery to fill between two towns in the south. Now our associate is working on the train for the Enterprise Express so that is a brilliant thing too.

Have a fan from Belfast who has a copy of the buld sent to him and is looking forward to us meeting when I get round to a trip to the city. With 6 in Ulster and two in the republic (although tempted by a third IR off Drogheda) this is a sizeable attempt on the Emerald isle. You work on your buses boy or as a punishment you get sent to Edinburgh by a Glaswegian.....

Bobby

Back