TSW Heavy Haul

Alco_P-A

Well bought this game to see if it's all that it's cracked up to be. So far it's not too bad. Not going to compare with Trainz or any of that but it's a step away from dovetail's same old same old and that's nice to see. Always nice to break away from same old same old and play something different. Would I suggest this game....sure. One can never have enough different trains to play with. The nice thing about all the different train sims is they are all a bit different and that's a good thing.
:)

From what I hear it only is a driving simulator scenario, and you can walk around and explore other areas ... but building, or modifying routes, is darn near impossible ... surveyor is the most fun thing about Trainz

Just a driver game but it's pretty cool to climb up the loco steps and walk to the cab and walk in and sit down in the engineer set. Even got the brakeman sitting in their seat. For a driving game it's fun.

you can do a lot more than just drive it. 2 of the locos won't start and I'm having problems with crashes for no reason.

Last edited:
TSW isn't very good - all show and no tell. The GWE version is full of bugs, the physics of a clockwork train set and poor sound. No editors (not even a scenario editor), essentially this is DTG's equivalent of World Of Subways.

And I give this thread - about a rival product on a competitor's official forum - a couple of hours at best before it is locked, binned or shuffled off to Prototype Talk/Community. ;)

Locked Driving Game. There are "planted" rumors of some "tools" but not much beyond that. If they make their sales objectives then adding High Maintenance tools, such as those in TANE, would be a mistake. TANE is a complex shell within which customers can change almost everything causing unbelievable support issues trying to find bugs revealed by customer activity never anticipated by the vendor. The constant, and expensive, fix two bugs make one new bug is something Sir Paul would be foolish to venture into.
Dick

Back