Hi all need maybe a little help

tdstead

Narrow minded Tram Person
Having a big space problem, trainz getting slower think its that im running out of disk space for the cache its one of those ones where the space is split over 2 drives, already got tmr17 data on the d:, yesterday had a problem with ts12 not rebuilting its database after rebulid only showing built in and payware layots, when i went back into cmp it showed a lot of missing items that were not the day before think people are upgrading items to tane and using same kuid and just changing the version number wish they would not still like having some layots in ts12 Anyway at the moment moving 173gb 1,362,035 to my usb3 wd 1tb drive that comes from ts12, think i need help with looking after disk space. One thing that would be nice in later versions of trainz is a better delete system, jf you delete a item it checks each depence if not used copy it to another tab when finished shows this tab so you have the choice to delete what you want.

Tom

Last edited:
Having a big space problem, trainz getting slower think its that im running out of disk space for the cache its one of those ones where the space is split over 2 drives, already got tmr17 data on the d:, yesterday had a problem with ts12 not rebuilting its database after rebulid only showing built in and payware layots, when i went back into cmp it showed a lot of missing items that were not the day before think people are upgrading items to tane and using same kuid and just changing the version number wish they would not still like having some layots in ts12 Anyway at the moment moving 173gb 1,362,035 to my usb3 wd 1tb drive that comes from ts12, think i need help with looking after disk space. One thing that would be nice in later versions of trainz is a better delete system, jf you delete a item it checks each depence if not used copy it to another tab when finished shows this tab so you have the choice to delete what you want.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I had to do this once.

If you are keeping your computer, you'll probably need to clean out all unnecessary files, and keep the good ones.

To do it successfully, it's a good idea to use an external hard drive. (I noticed 1TB Seagate Expansion portable hard drive for $78 at Harvey Normans)

Use that to store your important files and backup folders. Create cdp files of the routes you want to keep directly to the external drive. Once you've moved them across, you can go to town on removing programs (some of these could have corrupt or obsolete files) from your computer.

When you're ready, reinstall fresh Trainz versions, then bring your routes via cdp from the expansion drive back to your computer.

It's a big job but when its done you might have a computer that does not slow down.

I notice your Video Driver operates on 2GB ram - If it's possible, you may want to bump that to a min 4GB ram driver. This would handle the graphics of TANE better. (I use a GeForce GTX1070 8GB Ram)

Good luck,
Cheers,
Roy

Thanks for reply Roy.

Its onboard the laptop as far as i know not upgradable, when i brought it guy at harvey normal said it would be ok for trainz, told him what i wanted it for, now thinking should have brought ROG series. It was a replacement for a high end toshiba that died an they replaced with changeover to this. Im using a 1TB wd i got from jb hifi when they were on special

Tom

Last edited:
Back