Article: Sneak Peek - Early In-Development In-game Video

Looks interesting and much more lifelike than current Trainz appearance.

Of course much yet to be revealed and significant graphics improvements need to be complemented by good physics and sounds.

And it is also essential that the routes and train-sets selected as default in the new version of Trainz are carefully chosen or commissioned to do it justice, really should be a case of out with the old... ;)

Still a WIP I know but there aren't any shadows being cast on the floor which kind of throws off the whole realistic vibe.
Regardless, what's more interesting is the seemingly dynamically-generated sleepers in the background. Can you guys shed more light on this in the next dev post please?

Looks great, but shadows in interiors would be even better, like what Nicky has said above.

What does this mean for reflections? It looks like the sun is being reflected off the wood, but will we have more or less accurate reflections opposed to a cubemap?

Last edited:
I would focus more on overall performance improvement instead. I see still strange jerking&twitching under certain angles while having not bad FPS (around 25-30) at the same time. And if I move point of sight into the steamer smoke, then my TANE gets totally lazy.

By "turned up" do you mean set on Ultra?

When I use Ultra, things get fuzzy up close so I'm forced to back off to High. Hence I've never seen that light shining effect in my Trainz world.

When I use Ultra, things get fuzzy up close so I'm forced to back off to High. Hence I've never seen that light shining effect in my Trainz world.
That's what he means. I have it disabled as well, because the first day i maxed out settings for T:ANE, i couldn't figure out what was causing that, and sadly couldn't use something that looked good

Also, to say the least, i'm at a loss of words over this. You guys are making Trainz better then the competitor in every way IMO.

Last edited:

Yes, ultra. The "fuzziness" up close is also deliberate. You can temporarily tune the effects via the post-process settings window, to get a better understanding for what's going on.

chris

This looks fantastic! This might be a reason to get a better video card and install a 64-bit copy of windows 7 if windows 7 is supported. But there is just one thing it needs now. And that is shadows. Keep up the good work!

:)

So, let me get this straight, more is developing, extra effects added, but still nothing like the UP SD40-2 unit we saw introduced in 2015 preview? Or, am I jumping ahead, and this is to be coming soon?

By shadows I mean shadows in the cab.

Hi RailFan500CA
TANE does provide support for full shadows in the cab views. However it does require the asset to have the necessary tag added to it. Unfortunately, most cab views for Trainz do not have any of the outside of the cab/body modelled (unless seen through the windows), and as such are not suitable for shadows in Trainz. This tag allows creators to 'opt in' to the in-cab shadows if their cab view is setup to handle them.

Regards

SP 745 train fn

:cool::cool:
Looks interesting and much more lifelike than current Trainz appearance.

Of course much yet to be revealed and significant graphics improvements need to be complemented by good physics and sounds.

And it is also essential that the routes and train-sets selected as default in the new version of Trainz are carefully chosen or commissioned to do it justice, really should be a case of out with the old... ;)

Back