A Good Old Fashioned Walt Disney World Monorail Thread

frawleysean1

Monorail Enthusiast
Given that it's been about five years since I was last active with Trainz (TRS2006), I decided that I would give it another go and bought Trainz Mac 2.

And just for giggles, I thought I would try to install the Walt Disney World monorail content by JFE to see if they would still work from their most recent updates (TS2009).

To my amazement, they worked! And thus, my ADD kicked in and now I'm rebooting a project I had tried to accomplish before I was in high school and before I had a reliable computer.

Here I will be posting some screenshots of the work I currently have done of my personal WDW session. Some of the content in these photos were given to me privately and are not available for download and/or trade. Most of the scenery was a complete PITA to work properly with the current version of Trainz and some of the content I scavenged from my old backups to my knowledge will never work unless the original content creators update mesh files.

So let's get started!

Monorails Coral, Lime, and Teal all boarding at the Transportation and Ticket Center
(Notice the addition of the white deltas that differentiate the colors from Pink, Green, and Blue. JFE did not add these for simplicity in his models and since I'm a perfectionist, I did some photoshopping)

All%20Delta%20Trains.png

Disney's Contemporary Resort
The original JFE Station along with third party convention center and garden wing. Also, notice the Wilderness Lodge and Boulder Ridge Villas in the background.

Contemporary%20Resort.png

Magic Kingdom Parking Booth

Another third party asset along with Monorails Red and Teal traveling to and from EPCOT.

MK%20Parking%20Entrance%20w%3A%20Red%20%26%20Teal.png

Approaching EPCOT

JFE's original EPCOT Monorail Station along with a plethora of third party pavilions and show buildings.

EPCOT%20Entrance.png

There's much more but that's to come later.

If anybody has any experience either with working with the monorails in real life, I'd love some of your input. As of now I have all the pre-automation MAPO hold points nailed down and they work as intended, but any information would help!

Also, I don't know how multiplayer works on Trainz Mac, but if it works in surveyor, I'd love some help with scenery and landscaping because I just don't have the patience for all of that detail. If not, guess I'll be dropping out of college :)

Thank You!

Sean Frawley

I'm having issues with sounds in the session.

I replaced the original sound files with new, cleaner and more recent audio.

Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LDaBQc-Xv8

Whenever a train pulls into a station, opens/closes doors, or activates a trigger with a .wav file attatched, the sounds can be heard all across the map and overlap each other.

It gets very overstimulating sometimes and I'm not very experienced with scripts, I'm looking for some insight because this is very annoying when you have 10 trains doing this all at once.

Thanks,

Sean Frawley

Change the sounds from stereo to mono. See if that works

That worked, thank you!

I'm now having some issues with Navigating Via Trackmarks.

Occasionally, my trains will not register that they have passed over the track mark "EPCOT to EP" and it will skip all the stations until it registers that it has passed the track mark.

There is also an issue where trains on the express line will not go past any track marks after the Polynesian Resort Station if there is another train in the Transportation and Ticket Center, regardless of location and signals.

I have 3 track mark navigation commands on the route from Magic Kingdom to Transportation and Ticket Center In succession they include "Express GFR Approach", "Express PVR Approach", and "Express TTC Hold"

If there is a train boarding at the TTC, and I have the commands set to Navigate Via GFR Approach and then TTC Hold, the train will stop after activating GFR Approach and will not move again until the Train at TTC leaves the station. It causes lots of problems with signaling and overall accuracy and authenticity on the map.

If anyone has any information on why this would happen, please let me know how it can be resolved.

Thanks,

Sean Frawley

Looks good. It's really good to see the Monorail Station finally put to good use with Spaceship Earth and much of the rest of Epcot.

JFE.

You're going deep into the realism as you put triggers for station annoucements that's great ! Nice work done here good luck :clap::Y:

Yeah lol, to delete it just add for each train config.txt the line "disable-extra-track-sounds 1" I wonder if there's an another solution to apply this for every train because I have more than 2500 trains and it's annoying to add this line manually for each train...

1/29/2018 Update:

New Monorail Carpet
[FONT=&quot][FONT=arial, sans-serif]Modified car interiors to match the new cyan carpet installed in 2015. Work in Progress.
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Road Signs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The purple-themed road signs around Disney World property. Work in Progress.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Swan and Dolphin Resorts[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New 3D Model of the Swan and Dolphin Resorts in the Epcot Resort Area[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Yeah lol, to delete it just add for each train config.txt the line "disable-extra-track-sounds 1" I wonder if there's an another solution to apply this for every train because I have more than 2500 trains and it's annoying to add this line manually for each train...

Is there a certain place within the config file where I need to insert this? Also, do I need to apply this to all cabs and cars?

Of course you have to do it sadly for each cabs cars etc there isn't yet a command or script to enable it for all the assets sadly, so you have to do like in the exemple below ( where I "underlined" and "bolded" it ):

kuid <kuid:XXXXXX:XXXXXX>
kind "track"
istrack 0
username "Demo Asset"
trainz-build 3.9
category-era "2000s"
category-class "TR"
category-region "00"
disable-extra-track-sounds 1

mesh-table
{
{
auto-create 1
mesh "mesh.im"
}
}

kuid-table
{
}

Of course you have to do it sadly for each cabs cars etc there isn't yet a command or script to enable it for all the assets sadly, so you have to do like in the exemple below ( where I "underlined" and "bolded" it ):

kuid <kuid:XXXXXX:XXXXXX>
kind "track"
istrack 0
username "Demo Asset"
trainz-build 3.9
category-era "2000s"
category-class "TR"
category-region "00"
disable-extra-track-sounds 1

mesh-table
{
{
auto-create 1
mesh "mesh.im"
}
}

kuid-table
{
}

Is this the track config or the train

I know this is old but I am revisiting with TRS19 I do not know if Gordan AKA signalman65 is around anymore but I used to have copys of his content he game me the Transportation ticket center,the monorail shop polyneason resort It was for the older version but may still work IF i can find it may be on a disk somewhere it was great work I wish i could get again.

I managed to make those old buildings work in Trainz Mac 2 (TS12 equivalent) with the exception of seizure inducing night textures. I'm not sure if he is still around, his website no longer exists.

Since they are his works, I would see if he is still on the forums. If not, please send me a PM and I can send you what I managed to work out.

Back