Track Condition question

Greetings,

After recently converting over to TANE from an earlier version of Trainz, the time has come to begin carrying out a Track Condition pass over all the trackage in my operational routes.

However, TANE does not seem to SAVE any Track Condition setting changes I make in Surveyor. I searched the forum for an answer, and tried both route and session layers, and made a new layer just for the track condition info, but to no avail. I don't want to modify any config files for track, as suggested in some threads, so it would be good if track condition info was saved to route or session, but this isn't working.

Am I neglecting something simple?

And another quick question, does Track Condition only apply to the new procedural trackage? I assume not, because I can change the setting for other types of track, but can this be confirmed please?

Any input would be great,

Thanks in advance

The track condition should be saved.

You are editing the route in the route editor and not editing in the Session editor?

The conditions can be applied to non-procedural track as well.

The track condition should be saved.

You are editing the route in the route editor and not editing in the Session editor?

The conditions can be applied to non-procedural track as well.

Hi John, thanks for the response.

I played around with it a little more today, and discovered that it would indeed save the track condition info, if I open the ROUTE editor only, as you suggest. I usually open the SESSION editor and switch between the session and route layer as required when working on a route, because the Base Sessions I use are usually quite complex and I usually need to modify both for any changes made. Maybe this is a case of using a method I used to use with TS2010 that I don't need to with TANE.

So if I have to open the route editor only - to be able to save track condition info successfully, will TANE automatically link the relevant Base Session to the new route when it comes time to save it ? I don't think it does at this point. Or do I need to do the old trick of modifying the Base Session config file to attach it to the now-modified route?

I've made a backup of the relevant Base Session just in case.

EDIT - ok, it turns out that TANE is able to assign the old sessions onto the "new" route, provided that the route name is changed and the old one is overwritten, so problem solved. Yet another way TANE beats the pants off TS2010.

The lesson for me concerning the usual way I do things is that editing the route layer after I have used the session editor to open a route/session won't allow track condition to be saved. It would be nice if it did, but one can't have everything I suppose. Thanks again John.

Last edited:
Back