How to load cars in Survey Mode?

YANRAYEESEDAY

Hey guys, I'v been using TS12 and TANE for many years, always using someone else's layouts. Recently I've been making a couple of my own small layouts and I've run into an issue. How do you load cars in Surveyor Mode? I've looked at the car properties in TANE, and I didn't see a load option. I'd appreciate any help, thanks...............RD

Not all rail cars are created equal.

If the creator of a rail car has designed it to accept loads then opening the Properties window of that car will reveal a list of allowed loads (e.g. coal, sand, etc) and clickable options for selecting the load and setting the initial value. Rail cars that have not been given this feature will not show the load options.

I believe (it has been a while since I have done this) that you can edit the rail cars config.txt file yourself to add in the load options that it will allow it to take a load. However, the loading/unloading animations, such as an empty hopper filling with coal, must be added by the original designer.

As pware states, Not all rail cars are created equal.

Here is some quick tips to get going. 1st use the '?' to query the railcar.

loading railcars 01.jpg

Then click on the the railcar to edit, you will get a list of commodities that the railcar will accept. Then edit the quantity the railcar will accept.

loading railcars 02.jpg

You can also add a commodity that is not already in the list by clicking the '+' button.

loading railcars 03.jpg

Last edited:
Back