Porting Sessions to Identical Routes?

BNSF1995

Not-so-proud American
I'm currently experimenting with porting sessions to identical routes. In this case, the Endless Coal v2 session from Dermmy's fantastic East Kentucky 3 to the identical East Kentucky 3 ST (SpeedTree) route. The reason I'm doing this is because I'm using TS12 and the original EK3 (which the session is originally for) uses billboard trees and has alot of faulty content (never mind the fact that the CSX GP40-2s from USLW used in the session were removed from the site for some reason), so here's what I tried:

* Go to my old TS2010 Content Manager and export the session in a CDP
* Import it to my TS12 CM
* Go into Content Creator and replace the map kuid and the kuids of the faulty locomotives

When I went to the route, I found that none of the trains were there. I mean, there were freight cars and cabooses where they were supposed to be thanks to the identical track layout, but none of the trains were there. I then went into the explorer and accessed the sessions' config file. I then found what I thought to be the problem, that being the session believing it was using locomotives not installed, so I changed them to the new locomotives I had in mind (mainly Jointed Rail locomotives, plus a Norfolk Southern SD40-2 made by sporbust and updated by nph8u). I relaunched the game, went to the session in Surveyor, and found that the trains STILL weren't there. I initially thought to recreate the trains, but I soon found I forgot where they spawn, and I also lack the patience for such an undertaking.

Has anyone tried this before? And if so, do you have any solutions? My only other recourse is to request that Dermmy recreate the session for the EK3 ST route, because the only sessions he made for them were a simple session with Chessie locomotives and rolling stock, and another with Russian trains. Endless Coal v2 was one of my favorite sessions, but I can't play it because TS2010 is practically unplayable due to the amount of content I have installed on it, and no easy way to sort through the stuff I don't need (besides which, TS12 has routes, locomotives, and rolling stock not compatible with 2010, and features that I've come to like, such as satellite view).

Replac the dependency KUIDs doesn’t change the actual referenced assets in the session. The dependency list in the config file is only there to help the downloader.
No clue why they did it that way.

I fear the only way to replace them is making dummy assets with the original KUIDs, enter Surveyor and replace them there.

Back