Session creation help

ad4yj

Is there a complete guide showing all rules and explanations on session creation? One that also may include a basic flowchart of needed rules and such. I have watched the youtube videos, and while they got me started, they were lacking in many aspects of the details I am looking for.
Thanks,
Paul

Many Rules and Driver Commands are sort of "solutions looking for a problem". I think a better approach is to start creating, and when you get to a point where you want to do a new thing, look to see if there is an asset to do this.

The "Rules and Session Guide" still remains a very useful tool for session development. It was written for TRS2006, but the basic concepts are still valid today.

It also provides detailed descriptions of the rules that were built-in in TRS2006. Unfortunately, no such in-depth documentation is available for the several hundred rules you can find on the DLS.

The "Rules and Session Guide" still remains a very useful tool for session development. It was written for TRS2006, but the basic concepts are still valid today.

It also provides detailed descriptions of the rules that were built-in in TRS2006. Unfortunately, no such in-depth documentation is available for the several hundred rules you can find on the DLS.

Are all of the rules in this guide valid for T:ANE? I am looking to make several simple sessions for Kickstarter County in T:ANE.
Thanks

Are all of the rules in this guide valid for T:ANE? I am looking to make several simple sessions for Kickstarter County in T:ANE.
Thanks

Most of them are present in the link posted by pware, so I guess so (I was one of the very first backers for T:ANE, but have not yet switched to it :D).

The Rules and Session Guide, despite its age is still a valuable resource as it the only source - as far as I know - that clearly explains some aspects of session-making. The most significant change I have witnessed in all these years is the never too much praised introduction of the copy-and-paste and of parent-child graphics in TS12 SP1. I don't know if any major change has been introduced in T:ANE.

Thanks to the info I found here, I was able to cobble together a simple session. If anyone would like to run it, to test it, that would be great. How do I export a session for other people to use? It is for T:ANE SP2 with HF1, it uses all stock items.
Thanks,
Paul

Back