Thread: Session creation help

Post Session creation help

Is there a complete guide showing all rules and explanations on session creation? One that also may include a basic flowchart of needed rules and such. I have watched the youtube videos, and while they got me started, they were lacking in many aspects of the details I am looking for.
    Thanks,
    Paul

United States of America, Colorado, Colorado Springs

Many Rules and Driver Commands are sort of "solutions looking for a problem". I think a better approach is to start creating, and when you get to a point where you want to do a new thing, look to see if there is an asset to do this.

Blog Entries

There is a Trainz Wiki page on the rules available in Surveyor Edit Session but the pages are still a "work in progress".

The page is at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...ith_Properties
    Last edited by pware; November 16th, 2017 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Grammar
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    There is a Trainz Wiki page on the rules available in Surveyor Edit Session but the pages are still a "work in progress".

The page is at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...ith_Properties

Just what I was looking for, Thanks....

Paul

stuck in Folsom Prison, and time keeps draggin' on...

The "Rules and Session Guide" still remains a very useful tool for session development. It was written for TRS2006, but the basic concepts are still valid today.

It also provides detailed descriptions of the rules that were built-in in TRS2006. Unfortunately, no such in-depth documentation is available for the several hundred rules you can find on the DLS.
    Carlo "Pendolino" - TrainZItalia PRO Administrator

UP fan 5,000 miles away from the nearest UP tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Pendolino View Post
    The "Rules and Session Guide" still remains a very useful tool for session development. It was written for TRS2006, but the basic concepts are still valid today.

It also provides detailed descriptions of the rules that were built-in in TRS2006. Unfortunately, no such in-depth documentation is available for the several hundred rules you can find on the DLS.
    Are all of the rules in this guide valid for T:ANE? I am looking to make several simple sessions for Kickstarter County in T:ANE.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ad4yj View Post
    Are all of the rules in this guide valid for T:ANE? I am looking to make several simple sessions for Kickstarter County in T:ANE.
    Thanks

The rules at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...ith_Properties are for TANE. Most are built in rules and a few (very few so far) are from the DLS.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

stuck in Folsom Prison, and time keeps draggin' on...

Quote Originally Posted by ad4yj View Post
    Thanks
    Most of them are present in the link posted by pware, so I guess so (I was one of the very first backers for T:ANE, but have not yet switched to it ).

The Rules and Session Guide, despite its age is still a valuable resource as it the only source - as far as I know - that clearly explains some aspects of session-making. The most significant change I have witnessed in all these years is the never too much praised introduction of the copy-and-paste and of parent-child graphics in TS12 SP1. I don't know if any major change has been introduced in T:ANE.
    Carlo "Pendolino" - TrainZItalia PRO Administrator

UP fan 5,000 miles away from the nearest UP tracks

Thanks to the info I found here, I was able to cobble together a simple session. If anyone would like to run it, to test it, that would be great. How do I export a session for other people to use? It is for T:ANE SP2 with HF1, it uses all stock items.
    Thanks,
    Paul