Help with speed

bmheron

Is there some setting I need to confiigure to enable my locos to travel more than say 45 mph? it always seems when I drive in quickdrive, no rules, I can never get the train to go very fast. I remember this happened in TRS12 too. Maybe its just me?

bmheron: Your question takes me back the very first question I asked on these forums - It was very similar to yours.
The answer to making your trains go faster than the built-in default maximum is to add Speed Boards as trackside objects to set the limits allowable for your AI drivers to follow.
Adding signalling is also necessary in most cases, otherwise AI drivers will proceed at caution everywhere too.

Suggest that you go to Content Manager and in the Search box of your current Installed filter, type the word 'speed'.
It will bring up hundreds of speedboards and other signposts & speed limiting paraphernalia from which you may choose. Most are visible and some are set to be invisible in Driver mode.
You choose whether Imperial or Metric to suit your route's location and region.

It is also possible to set variable speeds applying to different classes of trains (e.g. express passenger vs heavy goods/ freight) by applying certain driver rules in Session Edit mode to boot.
Good hunting!

Last edited:
Back