Errant AI trains

If you want to see what AI are able to do. Download one of the routes by guilliamsyves #181290 like SummerLake Track New Era or Ardennes Track New Era among others along with his demo sessions for the route. Ai preform very well in his sessions.

Rob

@parryjc - Why are you not using Autodrive? Autodrive will never reverse the direction of travel, neither will it set any junctions.

So drive to the station and then Autodrive forward to the next target. You may have to set the junction exit direction with a trigger or some other means.

Thanks Trev999, Tried auto but then auto drive can't set the junction for the road out.
JCitron made a good suggestion about distance and crows fliying. I am going to try that maybe also lengthen the loop and ensure AI gives up the junction behind it.

I have gained all sorts of little ideas from the posts but for now I'm leaving this for a while.

I'm Grateful for your time taken to reply to my problem..

kind Regards
John P.

John P - There is a way to get out using Autodrive: Set the junction lever default direction to the Exit direction. The Navigate to Station will change the junction to the Entry direction and it will switch back after the train passes.

There are probably several other ways to switch the junction under autodrive.

Hi Trev999.
I had tried that way around.
Used >drive via track mark >drive to track mark> Wait for (I set time at ten seconds) > drive to track mark.
The last track mark being well past the turnout, down the outward leg. There is also a direction track mark on the loop to prevent any backward drive, for what good it did!

Having stepped back for a day or two. Pondered the problem, considered some other similar turnarounds I have put together, I rather feel the whole thing is too tight. I have to lengthen the loop. There just isn't enough space behind the Locomotive to release the turnout, even with the command "release junction" AI will immediately pick it up again, Alistair is to tired to get out the cab and throw the switch preferring to take the easiest and more readily available path out........ BACKWARDS. Bless him

Right now I have turned my attention to producing a 1930-40's car and bus spawner. Did you ever notice the current batch of spawners never send you a bus or coach?

Happy Trainzing Trev and thanks for that latest thought.
Regards John P.

Hebrez,
If the car to be coupled is very near a set of points, the loco will not couple and will sit there waiting forever. Set that car far away from the points, and the loco will couple. Proximity to points seems to be an invisible factor, and it has nothing to do with points radius. I bet some of your problems are somewhat related to this.

Hebrez that's an Interesting point you raised. Default turnout settings come into play here.
I have a model where the last carriage literally comes to rest with it's wheels on the point blades or switch rails. AI has no problem with this. Turns the switch over and backs up to collect the rest of the stock. Which is less than 20 feet from the switch rail.............
Now I can't remember just off hand the default setting for that particular turnout, but default point setting that too has an effect on operations and should be born in mind

Regards
John P.

Back