The Traffic Stopper Trouble

So I have a good stretch of track with my Roadbed at a height of 0.85 for example. So then I decide to put a pair of crossings down. I get the Controller, Slave, Traffic Stopper, Triggers and Crossings. I set everything up. All good, right? Sort of... When I put the Slave in the middle of the track (2 Traffic Stoppers for a Double Track) and connect the road, the TS always go below the grade. I try to raise the TS and it goes above the grade and the road sits above the tracks. It's annoying because I don't want to adjust the roadbed thus causing grooves or dips in some of the spline points ahead. Furthermore I try to adjust the road height and it drags the track down with it. Up down, up down. Too high, too low. Anyway to fix this situation? I suppose I could use some crossing plates to fix the problem but that Traffic Stopper doesn't seem to have an adjustable height dial I can see. It's either "this height" or "that height" which is frustrating. The Traffic Stopper should be able to just rest on whatever height of Roadbed I place it on, but it doesn't. It either goes below or above the track when I connect the road. Any trouble shooting tips? They would be helpful, to say the least.

Last edited:
Have you used the shift key when adjusting the height, this allows smaller adjustment. For finer adjustment fix the spline points on the road and track on either side of the crossing area and then get terrain height in the middle of the stopper and adjust in small amounts. Fixing spline points will keep road and rail level without following the ground.

Have you used the shift key when adjusting the height, this allows smaller adjustment. For finer adjustment fix the spline points on the road and track on either side of the crossing area and then get terrain height in the middle of the stopper and adjust in small amounts. Fixing spline points will keep road and rail level without following the ground.

Ok, sounds good. Thanks. I'll look into it tomorrow since I'll be working on a Grade Xing that has a TS. I'll let you know how it turns out. I suppose this is just another chapter of The Frustration In Content Creation.

Success! Your Shift Key worked like a charm. Was able make the smaller adjustments! Thanx a mill. Peace.

Back