White Dashed track marks are missing dependencies?

Wilsongineer

Newbie question here,

If I download a route that has white dashed double lines instead of laid track can I easily replace it with track? Or do I have to relay everything from scratch?

Thanks for your help,
Wilsongineer

These are generic missing spline assets used to mark track and other splines when they are missing. They can represent grass, roads, fences, power lines, and track.

In this case, you clearly have missing track. What you need to do is go into Content Manager and find out the KUID of your missing dependency then download that from wherever it comes from. Being a generic replacement, you can't just replace the spline with track because if you have track, a grass spline, as well as a fence too you, you'll have a mess figuring out things.

So...

In Content Manager, right-click on the route.

Pick View dependencies.

A new Content Manager window will open up.

Click on status and sort so that the missing asset(s) appear at the top of the screen. If Status does not show, right-click on the columns and add it, and position it wherever you like. By default it will go to the end.

With the Kuid in hand, you can now search for the asset. It could very well be available from Jointed Rail, TPR or one of the other more common website, or perhaps it's not. There's no way of knowing until you search.

If you do need to download this from Jointed Rail or TPR, you need to sign up, and both places are free.

There is a nice, pay-for-use, website which will assist you with your search. Trainz Kuid Index, www.trainzkuidindex.com is worth the investment for this.

Jointed Rail website is: www.jointedrail.com

TPR - aka Trainz Pro Routes: http://www.trainzproroutes.org/

There are many, many others.

Identified the KUID but can't find it?

Copy a track asset and give it that KUID. After that, replace it in Surveyor with any track you like and afterwards delete the copy.

Which route is it on? If you find the missing kuid and install it you can then delete the route and redownload it if the white lines don't go away.

If you have a missing track and you know the exact KUID you can open up your favorite track configuration file and enter the missing KUID into an obsolete table so that your favorite track will load into the route instead.

... Being a generic replacement, you can't just replace the spline with track because if you have track, a grass spline, as well as a fence too you, you'll have a mess figuring out things.

Too true. I sometimes confuse missing power line splines (often parallel to tracks) with missing track splines. Although you can often spot trackmarks or triggers in the missing track splines, but not in the other missing splines.

Lately, I check the Download Station to see if someone has updated an older route, before I start modifying that same route myself.

Last edited:
Back