Requesting a new avatar to be uploaded

sfrr

Bankruptcy Blue
lNiCqyT.png

AZHBDsg.png

Would like to see someone could add this to the available avatars? Large and small provided.

Thanks,

I don't think N3V are adding any further forum avatars to what I can see as the method they used to use for submitting avatars isn't used any more AFAIK.

Shane

Firstly, N3V doesn't seem to be taking avatar submissions anymore. It's been quite a few years since they did. I tried a while back to get them to allow me to update the ones I submitted with no luck.

Secondly, any avatars you submit would have to be fully your, or you have permission to upload them. Not saying you didn't color it in, but the style makes me think that it's someone else's line art (I think I've seen it somewhere)

Thirdly, there were rules on the size on the avatar. If they were to re-open submissions, those rules (or updated versions) would likely still apply. As I don't know what the rules would be if they were to re-open submissions, I can't tell you if you're image would pass. What I can tell you is that it is smaller than the current set of avatars.

peter

Edit: Adding on to this post, as it fits better than more more recent one.
An additional rule, at the time that I forgot, was that submitted avatars had to be gif files with transparency.

Last edited:
It's a free use image from Deviant Art. I did color it in myself.

I mistakenly used the dimensions of previously uploaded avatars on the selection page instead of what was in use on the forums. They are displayed smaller on that page (80x20 pixels).

This is the correct size at 110x30.

KGAZm7o.png

Interesting that they would remove such a basic function of a message board like that.

There's quite a few avatars already and they probably have to limit what can be uploaded anyway to avoid problem material.

Shane

Interesting that they would remove such a basic function of a message board like that.

Due to the tie-ins with Planet Auran/My Trainz; the user profile, settings, etc of this forum is not like any other forum. Prior to Trainz Classics we didn't even have a separate forum profile, if you went to visit someone's profile it was the Planet Auran profile you visited.

There has never been a way for members to "upload" an avatar to use into these forums. In the past when they accepted them, we would send them to the helpdesk & a staff member would add them. Before then, you had no avatar control; you avatar changed based on how many posts you made or if you had a role with Auran (staff had a unique avatar, mods had another, some TOTR folks had one, and there was one special one...)

peter

Back