Using a Template for multiple Sessions

crisger

RR Mod Maker
I am starting work on a series of sessions for a new route about to be released and wanted to ask if this plan i have developed will work.

I need to populate the route and yards and sidings with accurate cars, coaches and engines, and plan to to a series of some 10 or 12 sessions. I am hoping to create a default or template of the route with all of the population and placement of typical cars and engines in yards and sidings and using that ..deveop the sessions from it.

As I understand it the first full train: ie Engine and cars etc. or possibly just the engine you place immediatly becomes the player engine for the session..and then you place AI trains and other moving elements.

Will it work to develop my default template...and THEN populate it with

1. player engine and train
2. AI Trains
3. Special items for the session in the session layer

I am hopeful it will if i save the template as Session 1 (default) and then open it and start adding the new Player engine, etc. and save it as Session 2....

Another reason to do this is that as I understand it to create interactive industries and depots we have to "program" each station and industry trigger (already placed by the route maker on the tracks by all of the including the water tanks, and coal trestles, etc.)....we have to program all of those triggers individually to make them work with the player train.

Having created them all for the Default template and then being able to resave and use it for each of the other sessions will save me having to make them all each time.

???

i hope it will work ...otherwise i will have to do this over and over for each session.

thanks for feedback on this

Chris

You can do this by making a Base Session, where you populate it with consists and setup all your interactive assets.
Then you can add your player train to it and save it as the new session. Keeping the Base Session as your template.
Cheers,
Mike

Back