Turnouts not working

ManyTone

Hi All
Bit of a strange issue here. I started a new small layout in TMR17 and only have a bit of track and a few turnouts laid so far. When I go to drive a train on the layout the turnouts will not let me switch them at all. Even if a train is not blocking them. I have no way of changing the turnout direction. Anybody have any ideas as to why? I have built other layouts and am fairly experienced with Trainz and have never seen this before.
Has me baffled. What am I missing here?????
Thanks in advance

When you initially laid the track for the turnout did a switch stand/lever appear ? If not then the track isn't aligned properly even though it may look it.

Hi Railhead001
Thanks for trying to help.
Yes there are switch stand/levers at all junctions. I just can't switch them though. They are all stuck in the direction laid. I can switch them in surveyor but not while driving the route. They are not locked by a close by train either.

Just tried changing to a different switch lever but still no way of changing the turnouts. This is weird as I have never seen this in my 10 years of trainz.

Okay I just did some experiments to test why this is happening and I have some more info.
The layout I have trouble with is using the M120 module example 4 that comes with TMR17. If I load that module up on surveyor and place track on it the junctions all get stuck. But when I start a new layout (create route) all works fine. So it is something in these basic m120 modules that is preventing track from functioning properly.
Anybody else seeing this behavior with the example modules included in TMR17?
Thanks again for any help as to why this happens.
Paul

Okay I figured it out and wanted to post in case others have this issue.
On all of the M120 modules, even the ones with scenery and track, I am unable to change a junctions direction by clicking on the junction.
BUT, If I go into the map view I can change the direction there.

Seems a bit odd and I don`t know if this is normal for the M120 modules as it does not happen on any other layout.
Do you guys see the same thing on the M120 modules?
Paul

Hi Paul,

The M120 modules should work just as they are like any other Trainz route. You probably remember the old UMAKE modules which came out way back in the TRS2004 days. They're the same thing.

There is a bug with the T:ANE database which causes track splines to lose their kind track even though they're still categorized as such. One of the symptoms of this problem is the inability to place track-objects on the track. I wonder if this is yet another variant of the same problem.

With that said, try this:

Open your track for edit.
wait a minute.
Submit all non-built-in track.
Revert to original all built-in/pay ware track.

Once this is done, the track is normal again.

I'm wondering if this might fix your problem here.

Hi John
This did not fix my issue but I did discover a semi fix.....
I can change the turnout direction if I go to the map view. In map view all works as expected.
In Driver though I am still unable to change turnout direction.
I`m lost though as it happens both in Tane and TMR17 but only with the M120 modules.
Thanks for the input I appreciate it. Wonder if I am the only one experiencing this with the M120 modules.
Paul

Back