Changing the vehicles

MF01

Doing MP parisian subway
Hi all,

I wanted to know how to replace the default vehicle running on the roads by others that I downloaded ? Thanks

Regards

Good morning MF01.

There is an asset on the DLS that will save you all the trouble opening tabs all over the place. I made an asset that you can download and clone to get your own number. That number will then be inserted into your route as "region".

There is a read-me file" that you need to use as this becomes the config. It is a walk through of how to change static traffic to trackside that will drive on the road. You will be able to have (I believe) 100 vehicles in the route (0 to 99).

It is intended to help people who have no idea of what to do and how to do and it is quite user friendly. It was originally made for TS12 but works fine in Tane. The asset is called "Extra traffic on roads" Kuid2:117686:101258:1. Any questions then just ask as I am usually here somewhere.

Regards

Doug

Good morning MF01.

There is an asset on the DLS that will save you all the trouble opening tabs all over the place. I made an asset that you can download and clone to get your own number. That number will then be inserted into your route as "region".

There is a read-me file" that you need to use as this becomes the config. It is a walk through of how to change static traffic to trackside that will drive on the road. You will be able to have (I believe) 100 vehicles in the route (0 to 99).

That may contradict the information from N3V, both in the Trainz Wiki (Kind: Region) and in the video. The maximum number of different types of moving vehicles is 15 (0 to 14).

Msgsapper's TANE built-in 1950s Glory Years USA has 40 vehicles so it looks like the N3V information is incorrect/out of date.

The in-game vehicles are the same as they have always been (0-15). What I am talking about is an asset that goes into your route as "region" and can hold up to 99 vehicles. I have 88 on my own route and they all work. Just download the asset, clone the asset to your own number and follow the read-me instructions. Over 500 people have downloaded this and no complaints so far.

Doug

Last edited:
I only want to replace the default vehicle like this:

By some that I downloaded. So your asset can do this ?

Hi - If you just want to use the 16 cars then open your route for edit and you should see at the top, a list of kuids titled Car0 to Car15. These are the vehicles that are visible to you now in surveyor. Change any of those kuid numbers for the ones you want instead and they should be visible next time you load your route. Save and commit in CM. Any static vehicle that you want to use must have the config altered to include the tag - trackside 0.01 - added to it. If you want the vehicle as static and drivable on the road then you will need to clone the asset to be able to use both versions.

If you want more than 16 cars then you will need to use my asset.

Doug

Thanks it was just by changing the kuids and I've installed your asset it works just fine

Hi Doug,

Looks like a Great asset
Now, if only I could get it to work :(

Down loaded and cloned. Changed all the car kuids to my choice copied and pasted so exact when pasted at second entry.
T:ane build 88364 so that's 4.5 for build.

Now for the problems,
Notice your "guide to follow" has an empty line between the Car0 and Car1 entries?
Latter you state, there must be NO spaces between car entries?
So I didn't place this space?
Question space or no space Doug?:confused:

Region?
Do you mean Geographical region? Because this somehow fails to give result when I place "United Kingdom" in there.
Opening a new route I get the three top headings and their auto generated names as Route Name "New Route", Session Name "Default", Geographic Region "Extra Traffic on Roads"

The two other versions of car spawning assets I have (BSNF50 and C+ TG RN4) both place the word "track" as region?

Water colour?
Looked in environment nothing, looked for the asset by kuid number, no luck there.
So please where do I find the elusive water colour reference number in T:ane SP2?

My kuid personal number, following on from the end of the car kuids got entered automatically.

Saved and commit
10 items are listed as "missing" but the status column shows only one unknown, (that's because I fumbled the kuid number for it), but the status of all the others is either Installed from DLS or Built in?
And I know the Nine "missing" are available because I placed them all on an empty board this very pm. to test. Interestingly one of the missing is your lever default junction kuid <kuid:-1:100553>

I have checked and re saved without success.

After seven hours I'm lost......... Case of not seeing what's under my nose possibly, or none so blind as those that can't see those thick two planks maybe........

Any ideas to help out here Doug? Please.....:)

Regards
John P.

Hi - If you just want to use the 16 cars then open your route for edit and you should see at the top, a list of kuids titled Car0 to Car15. These are the vehicles that are visible to you now in surveyor. Change any of those kuid numbers for the ones you want instead and they should be visible next time you load your route. Save and commit in CM. Any static vehicle that you want to use must have the config altered to include the tag - trackside 0.01 - added to it. If you want the vehicle as static and drivable on the road then you will need to clone the asset to be able to use both versions.

If you want more than 16 cars then you will need to use my asset.

Doug

My "Right-Hand Drive" region also uses 100 vehicles (0 to 99). So even though we appreciate Doug's asset, he isn't the only one who has created a region you can clone and use. Mine is free to clone and utilize.

It also might be worthwhile to note that; Yes, ANY vehicle ( or any asset for that matter--- want a BUILDING going down the highway?!) can be made to drive on a road by inserting the "trackside 0.01" tag in its Config---- however, if the vehicle was originally created facing any other direction except the -Y axis, it will not be oriented on the highway correctly, i.e., it may run backwards or even sideways!

Cheers,

Dave Snow

Hi John

Sorry to hear you have a problem there. Let's see if we can fix you up.

There should be no gaps between the car entries. I will have a look at that in the asset and thanks for pointing it out.

The water colour should be this one.. water <kuid:523:19723525>

Here is the section from my route and yours should be the same or very similar. There should be the tag "region" and then the kuid number of my asset that you cloned to yourself.

region <kuid:117686:100540>
kuid <kuid:117686:104528>
username "1 FFA 41"
workingscale 0
workingunits 1
trainz-build 4.5

world-origin
{
latitude 51,12,1
longitude 3,44,1
altitude 0
}

string-table

category-region "UK" ------so do not enter "united kingdom"

Did you add all the vehicles kuids to the kuid table at the bottom??

I would really need to see what you have done - or not. Can you PM an email address (do not post it on the forum) and we can pick it up from there in our own time and I will be able to help you.

Sorry if I sound vague but without seeing what you have there I can only guess what is wrong.

Doug

Hi John - I have your PM and the details you sent. Will look at this very soon (tonight) and will get back to you. Watch for emails.

Doug

Thanks Doug,
I'll lookout for it latter.
Right now I'm having a second go at this. Re-cloned your asset, now I'll see what mess I can make of it this second time around.:)

Back