Trainz 2004 Deluxe edition: Deluxe content.

Od19

What is on the "deluxe content" disc? When I installed the "deluxe content" on my computer, I did not know what to look for.

Hi and welcome to the Trainz forum!

Please post your support questions in the related support forum.

Edit:
... after you have registered your game to your account (see below).

Last edited:
Sorry; thought everyone could just post everywhere nowadays.
Checked with the admin; apparently they can post in certain areas, but indeed not the support section.

Moving this back...

@Od19,
Please be sure to register your game to your account. To do so, go here:
https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php
A lot of people will ignore you (support) questions if you don't have a game showing. Plus (as I now learned) it will get you access to the dedicated support forum.

I already registered my game to my account.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

You need to contact the helpdesk in order to have the program listed on the timeline next to your name. With that in place, you will have better response.

If you have registered TRS2004 to another username, you may want to use the same name you are using to login here. Again, the only way to resolve that issue is to contact the helpdesk via the link above at the top of the forums.

I've contacted helpdesk and they were able to resolve the issue with my timeline. What I wanted to know earlier is what things does the "Deluxe Content" disc add to my game?

Last edited:
I've contacted helpdesk and they were able to resolve the issue with my timeline. What I wanted to know earlier is what things does the "Deluxe Content" disc add to my game?

It added some addition content that wasn't on the original TRS2004 disk. Most of that content is now in museums, because of it's age... :hehe:

I can't remember whether the "Deluxe Contents" disk had TRS2004 SP4 with it??? (Probably)... 4 or 5 cd's if I remember rightly.

It's your business that you choose to run TRS2004. It's very outdated now!!! All I can say is if you enjoy Trainz's, and your PC can handle a later version, then I would recommend you look at either; TS2010, TS2012 or Tane SP2. Anyone of those would be far more enjoyable than TRS2004, IMHO...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
It added some addition content that wasn't on the original TRS2004 disk. Most of that content is now in museums, because of it's age... :hehe:

I can't remember whether the Deluxe Contents disk had TRS2004 SP4???

It's your business that you choose to run TRS2004. It's very outdated now!!! All I can say is if you enjoy Trainz's, and your PC can handle a later version, then I would recommend you look at either TS2010, TS2012 or Tane SP2. Anyone of those would be far more enjoyable than TRS2004, IMHO...

Cheers, Mac...

I would have to agree with him. I personally started with TRS2006 in 2012 (I was 12) and I loved it but I wanted TS12. I also wasn't really realistic with the game or familiar with everything in the game. It took me over an hour just to start moving a locomotive for the first time! I was in cab mode though, which I didn't know I was. Now of course I am much older and are a lot more realistic and prototypical then back in 2012. I am also happy I finally got TS12 a few years ago and now I am waiting for Trainz: Next to come out. The only train simulator I had before TRS2006 was MSTS, which is extremely old now. In fact, game is as old as me!

Last edited:
Thank both of you for replying. :) I do realize that TRS2004 is outdated, I bought it for sentimental reasons. I started Trainz with demo versions of UTC, TRS2004, and TRS2006 when I was around 14 to 16 years old. I appreciate the recommendation, I'll check it out when I get the chance.

After a bit of Googling I found this:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What is the [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004 Deluxe Edition?
Well it's the latest patched version of TRS2004, with some extra goodies including Paintshed, Trainz Fan pack and a Content CD containing a sampler from the Download Station relevant to the country or region it is being sold in. It comes on 4 CDs and is displayed in new packaging.

What's on the Content CD?
The models contained on the CD are local assets, country specific to the area of release, and usually made by local content creators who have generously allowed us to include them in the Deluxe Editions. These assets are freely available to all registered users of TRS2004 from the Download Station and some fan sites.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Here: http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/news.htm?NewsID=462

Back