HELP!! Downloaded Some CDP File Rail Cars From Jointed Rail & They're Missing Assets!

HELP!! Downloaded Some CDP File Rail Cars From Jointed Rail & They're Missing Assets!

Downloaded some FreeWare .CDP Files of 23,000 Gallon Funnel Flow Tank Cars (a tank car pack) from JointedRail.com. Problem is there are 2 assets missing. I checked on DSL and cannot find those 2 missing assets. On both of those Kuids it says Unknown Location. Now what do I do? Do I E-mail JointedRail, tell them of the two missing assets and they assist me on the matter? Or maybe those tankers are for a later version of Trainz and not for Train Sim 2 (2014) for Mac OSX?

Not yet. Just registered with them yesterday. I have the missing Kuid Numbers written down and will check the Site this evening.

You can search Google for the KUID number but only type in the KUID. Remember to get the dependencies for the rolling stock off there website too. Not all the dependencies for them will be under dependencies tab, some will be under the rolling stock tab.

Not yet. Just registered with them yesterday. I have the missing Kuid Numbers written down and will check the Site this evening.
So you went to the effort to make a thread instead of just having a quick search on the website where they would logically be hosted... You didn't even list the KUIDs that you're missing

Both of these should be available on Jointed Rail's website.
I'll look into it later today. However when I was on their site earlier apparently there are some other users who downloaded the same product and had the same problems. Then I checked the file in CM to see if there were any warnings. There was one. It said that each tank had over 500 polygons and it might be problematic with performance issues. So maybe those tanks are for later versions of computers. Mine is a 2011 OSX Mac. Can't get an updated Computer right now.

I'll look into it later today. However when I was on their site earlier apparently there are some other users who downloaded the same product and had the same problems. Then I checked the file in CM to see if there were any warnings. There was one. It said that each tank had over 500 polygons and it might be problematic with performance issues. So maybe those tanks are for later versions of computers. Mine is a 2011 OSX Mac. Can't get an updated Computer right now.

You can ignore the warning. That is for the content developer to see and this does not impact the performance.

I recommend you look into subscribing to the TrainzKuidIndex. www.trainzkuidindex.com It's about $15 a year and you can search there for missing KUIDs and the website will scour the web for you and come up with links. It finds 90-95% of the stuff we can't find any other way. I checked the TKI last night and it had the links to these two assets listed and where to get them.

The other advantage is this will lead you to other sources of really, really nice content too.

You can ignore the warning. That is for the content developer to see and this does not impact the performance.

I recommend you look into subscribing to the TrainzKuidIndex. www.trainzkuidindex.com It's about $15 a year and you can search there for missing KUIDs and the website will scour the web for you and come up with links. It finds 90-95% of the stuff we can't find any other way. I checked the TKI last night and it had the links to these two assets listed and where to get them.

The other advantage is this will lead you to other sources of really, really nice content too.

You the man... Thanks a million! I will do that!

Last edited:
Thanks again to JCitron for giving me a lead to the Kuid tracking site. It really helped. I now have my JR tank cars and units working efficiently now. I just need to figure out what to do with some other downloaded JR assets that say "Modified, Faulty Assets."

The fix for that will depend on what is wrong with them which should show up under View Errors and Warnings on the 'right-click' menu.

Shane

Glad your getting going. As to what to do about other Jointed Rail items that you are having problems with Contact them from their website contact page. I have purchased items and downloaded free items from Jointed Rail for many, many years and over that time I have had a few issues. An email to them has solved each and every problem They are very patent and helpful to getting you the product you purchased or received free up and running. When in doubt send them an email detailing your problem. They will respond quickly.

Glad your getting going. As to what to do about other Jointed Rail items that you are having problems with Contact them from their website contact page. I have purchased items and downloaded free items from Jointed Rail for many, many years and over that time I have had a few issues. An email to them has solved each and every problem They are very patent and helpful to getting you the product you purchased or received free up and running. When in doubt send them an email detailing your problem. They will respond quickly.

I'll check the errors and see if they can be rectified. If they can't be repaired, I'll consider notifying Jointed Rail about the situation. Thanks for your input and help.

Downloaded 2 Payware units: The EMD SD40 - CN (Phase II) appears to have downloaded successfully from Jointed Rail. However, I have problems with the another unit after download. Problem: (1) EMD GP50 - BN (phase II body) is missing dependencies: It is missing Kuid2: 45324:90004:1. I tried the Kuid Locator which is excellent for tracking missing Kuids, however I cannot find that specific above mentioned Kuid anywhere. Now what do I do now? I did let JR know through an E-mail and will wait for their response.

Last edited:
Downloaded 2 Payware units: The EMD SD40 - CN (Phase II) appears to have downloaded successfully from Jointed Rail. However, I have problems with the another unit after download. Problem: (1) EMD GP50 - BN (phase II body) is missing dependencies: It is missing Kuid2: 45324:90004:1. I tried the Kuid Locator which is excellent for tracking missing Kuids, however I cannot find that specific above mentioned Kuid anywhere. Now what do I do now? I did let JR know through an E-mail and will wait for their response.

That one is actually on JR's site at http://jointedrail.com/product/emd-dash-2-cab-mech-1/ - I'm surprised that the KUID finder didn't find it (although you do have a space in the KUID).

Shane

That one is actually on JR's site at http://jointedrail.com/product/emd-dash-2-cab-mech-1/ - I'm surprised that the KUID finder didn't find it (although you do have a space in the KUID).

Shane

Yea I'm surprised as well! I typed it and tried it "3 times" in the Kuid Search Index and nothing. I did make sure there were no spaces. Other times, the Kuid Search Index led me to JR and/or other sites. I found it, so far, to be a highly effective system. This time, however, it was different for some reason. System malfunction maybe? I dunno. In my E-mail to JR I gave the missing Kuid # (as you saw in my quote) but that is not how I typed it in the KSI. I typed it as: 45324:90004:1. That's when the index understood and filled in the rest. Thanks for the lead Shane.

Last edited:
Back