HELP!! Downloaded Some CDP File Rail Cars From Jointed Rail & They're Missing Assets!

Ok, JR assisted me and gave me links to assets on their site to fix the problem I had with the BN GP50 and a CN unit. Their reply was within 12hrs maybe less. So much for the Payware as the problem has been solved. As for some of the Freeware that has some issues such as "Modified, Faulty Dependencies" I checked the errors and there are exclamation points that say: "! Indexed meshes are not supported for traincars as of trainz-build 3.8. It is recommended that you upgrade 'hash-85/kuid2 45324 300200 1/mesh_body/lan_door1.im' to a LOD mesh." Then we have an error that says: "X - Image file 'mesh_art/mesh_art_icon.tga' is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt source file and a raw image file." So thats the situation so far with some cylindrical grain cars I downloaded from JR.

I got those units and cars working. Jointed Rail's assistance was excellent. However I now have problems with a Canada grain car (freeware) from JR that shows up as Faulty. The car is
CNWX Cylindrical Hopper. Anyone else have similar problems with this type of asset?

I got those units and cars working. Jointed Rail's assistance was excellent. However I now have problems with a Canada grain car (freeware) from JR that shows up as Faulty. The car is
CNWX Cylindrical Hopper. Anyone else have similar problems with this type of asset?

What's the error?

The error says: - Image file 'mesh_art/mesh_art_icon.tga' is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt source file and a raw image file.

Edit config.txt. Change referenced mesh_art_icon.tga and to mesh_art_icon.texture.

Save config.txt

Submit and check for errors.

Edit config.txt. Change referenced mesh_art_icon.tga and to mesh_art_icon.texture.

Save config.txt

Submit and check for errors.

Ok, edit the Config Text and Save. How do I commit it? Is there some place I need to click on or do I right click? Haven't done this before.

Ok, edit the Config Text and Save. How do I commit it? Is there some place I need to click on or do I right click? Haven't done this before.

Saved your edit right?

Close editor.

Back in Content Manager:

Right click on asset you've opened for edit. (I can't remember what the key combo is, and definitely don't know what it is on the Mac! sorry).

Choose Submit.

Saved your edit right?

Close editor.

Back in Content Manager:

Right click on asset you've opened for edit. (I can't remember what the key combo is, and definitely don't know what it is on the Mac! sorry).

Choose Submit.

No problem. You're answer is a start. At least it's something. I'll take what I can get and try to work with it. Thanks J.

SUCCESS... I fixed the asset of not only the rolling stock that had this problem, but I also fixed the locomotives as well that I downloaded from SRS. Did like you said which was "Edit config.txt. Change referenced mesh_art_icon.tga and to mesh_art_icon.texture." I went to the asset, clicked on the Edit Config File, changed .tga to .texture and then I hit Save. After that, I closed the Config Window, right clicked on the asset again, scrolled down to Submit Edits (Mac's term for PC's "Commit" option) and clicked on it. That's when thee assets went from Modified/Faulty to simply "Modified". The locos and cars are working, so your input did help John. Thanks to you and Vostrail (on another thread about SRS Locomotives that have similar issues on Mac) assisted. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back