North British Railway

pitmilly

Aside from 'edh6' and 'Knucklesnvector' with their D27 and J83 locomotives has anyone else produced any other NBR pre-grouping stock that might be suitable for a projected Fife area secondary line (using TANE SP2).

I have my doubts but thought I'd ask.

regards

John

Thank you for your post - some very interesting NE items - close but not really what I was hoping for.
regards
John

Paul does not have all his items on the web site. So send Paul an email and ask him for what you need. I am sure he will have it. I assume that yo have looked at the Loco Shedss in the area of interest to determine what was there in your time period.

Yes, I did look at Loco Shed but the stock listed by them under North British is all circa 1850 - I am looking for the late Drummond, Holmes and Reid period, say 1885 through to 1920. A fair portion of these loco's and rolling stock lasted through to the 1940's - a few items even into the 1950 and early 1960's.

I had a 7mm scale model layout based loosely around the St Andrews/Lochty area a 2/3 years back and had some vague idea repeating the exercise in Trainz SP2 but it would be somewhat pointless unless some suitable quality stock were readily available. A Holmes 4-4-0 and J36 would be a good starting point.

Many thanks anyway for your suggestion.

John

Jack(?)

You live and learn - had never come across this site before - it's now 'bookmarked'.

In truth I have accumulated a fair amount of data on the North British Railway, its routes, timetables and stock but it's very useful to be able to supplement and cross check your research.

Again my thanks to you.

John

J36 seems to be a popular loco and I have some drawings for it. Having said that there are a number of other locos higher up my list to model so don't expect anything soon.

J36 seems to be a popular loco and I have some drawings for it. Having said that there are a number of other locos higher up my list to model so don't expect anything soon.

In my book it was the Scottish - do anything/go anywhere - workhorse. Will watch this space - closely.

regards

John

Back