For a project

valbridge

Rail Tragic
Looking to create a route from Brighton to Bognor Regis and need to locate a suitable track which has a third rail. Can anyone help?
Many thanks,
Val.

Looking to create a route from Brighton to Bognor Regis and need to locate a suitable track which has a third rail. Can anyone help?
Many thanks,
Val.

Val, There is a built-in third rail <kuid:60850:38072> brown conc clean 3rd 02m

Not sure of any others.
Cheers,
Roy

EDIT: Try Content Manager with the Filter 'All Content' and search under '3rd rail' = a few pop up there.

Last edited:
Val, There is a built-in third rail <kuid:60850:38072> brown conc clean 3rd 02m

Not sure of any others.
Cheers,
Roy

EDIT: Try Content Manager with the Filter 'All Content' and search under '3rd rail' = a few pop up there.

Got one...and its a protrack...
<kuid:122285:80110> Protrack F Grit/Concrete 3rd Rail; junctions are perfect.

Excellent...

Thanks Roy.

Val,

Try elevating that particular protrack. You will find the ballast rises with the track, mate.

No one appears to have fixed that one.

Cheers,
Roy

Val,

Try elevating that particular protrack. You will find the ballast rises with the track, mate.

No one appears to have fixed that one.

Cheers,
Roy

Yes Roy, disappointing really as junctions were excellent.
Have decided on this one [<kuid:60850:38082> grey sunk clean 3rd 08m] but quite messy when doing junction work as shown. Cant find anything better. Wish I knew how to fix the protrack!

Val.

c819a36a5d85b26cc7bfddefa80ba710.jpg

Val,

I found a Protrack with 3rd rail and the ballast acts as it should. For it to look right, the tracks need to all run the same way.

Try this one,.... <kuid:214658:100070> Protrack F Grit/Dark Timber 3rd Rail

Cheers,
Roy

e1ed9e6552d314226d34d93c641cee16.jpg

Hey Valdbridge, since I want to download your Blue Mountains line route but I can't because it's not archived. so can you please archive it so I can acquire it?

Hey Valdbridge, since I want to download your Blue Mountains line route but I can't because it's not archived. so can you please archive it so I can acquire it?

Hi,

Until you register your copy of Trainz (See "Register" on the above task-bar next to Helpdesk) you will be unable to download from the Download Station.

Registering protects you and others won't think that you might have a pirated copy of Trainz.

When you have registered, the version of Trainz will appear next to your name.

Cheers,
Roy

I would think you need to use the equivalent track without the third rail on the diverge for the junctions.

Hi,

Until you register your copy of Trainz (See "Register" on the above task-bar next to Helpdesk) you will be unable to download from the Download Station.

Registering protects you and others won't think that you might have a pirated copy of Trainz.

When you have registered, the version of Trainz will appear next to your name.

Cheers,
Roy

His comment was also totally irrelevant to the topic of the thread - what a numpty!

Back on topic, there is some NEX (prefix) track which includes third and fourth rail variants but it is not procedural. There's also a separate third rail (UK type) spline on the DLS which can be laid as a separate asset alongside the rail and might give a better result. The current best procedural track for UK/European routes is probably that prefixed LRW, hopefully the author might expand the range to include third/fourth rail variants.

And yes, the conductor rail shouldn't pass through points and crossings, you need to fiddle around with a matching plain track to create the gaps.

Thanks Roy. But, I find the register bar a register for an account. Would you mind giving me a little tutorial on how to register? I'd much appreciate the help!

Thanks Roy. But, I find the register bar a register for an account. Would you mind giving me a little tutorial on how to register? I'd much appreciate the help!

Mate, you are posting in this thread about something that is "off topic'.
As I mentioned to you previously, if you want to download Trainz items you will need to set up your account and password with the version of Trains that you have in your possession.
Click REGISTER above, or use the HELP Key.

Val,

If you want to try your hand at creating your own third-rail track, you can always add a spline to the track. There's a container you need to add to a track spline like this:

attached-splines
{
third-rail
{
follows-spline-gradient 1
lateral-offset 2
spline-kuid <kuid:61015:37032>
use-same-direction 1
visual-only 0
}

You need to also add your spline-asset KUID to the KUID-table, otherwise it won't be found in the asset.

With this ability, you can now have a third-rail version of the any track in addition to its non-third-rail version.

Val,

If you want to try your hand at creating your own third-rail track, you can always add a spline to the track. There's a container you need to add to a track spline like this:

attached-splines
{
third-rail
{
follows-spline-gradient 1
lateral-offset 2
spline-kuid <kuid:61015:37032>
use-same-direction 1
visual-only 0
}

You need to also add your spline-asset KUID to the KUID-table, otherwise it won't be found in the asset.

With this ability, you can now have a third-rail version of the any track in addition to its non-third-rail version.

Thanks John, not real sure if I am truly qualified in playing around configuring assets quite yet, so continue doing it the hard way :) . I'll give it a go by following what you have suggested. At present I am using procedural track....

<kuid2:195134:800005:1> Protrack F Grit/Dark Timber

<kuid:214658:100070> Protrack F Grit/Dark Timber 3rd Rail

Both are ok for what I am constructing its just the junctions which are the issue here. What I need to do is lay the 3rd rail track first, then delete and insert the other [non 3rd] track where junctions occur. Its messy and time consuming but works. I have also downloaded a 3rd rail asset <kuid2:35412:38040:2> MB 3rd rail track end side boards; used for filling the gaps created after inserting non 3rd rail track. Does that make sense?

Slowly as she goes. Also difficulty in locating suitable southern region rolling stock [control and trailer] passenger stock for use when I eventually get this to final stage. Route will be Bognor Regis to Brighton including Littlehampton and an extension to Eastbourne from Brighton.
Thanks for your input, most welcome.
Val.

Good luck with your project there, Val. I took a trip from Victoria to Eastbourne then Eastbourne to Brighton and return to London way back in 1985.

The process you are using to lay down the track is what would be needed anyway. This is where the pick-list comes in handy - just drag the two splines you are using the most, along with anything else you need, and pick from there.

Back