What are some Steamers made for Trainz that look great with the CIWL cars by Vendel?

Hi !
I have some french steam locomotives that have hauled the Orient-Express, the "Train Bleu" (blue train) and the "Flèche d'or" (golden arrow)
SNCF 231C and 231E (ex-nord)

SNCF 231K (ex-PLM) and 231E Flèche d'or (ex-Nord)

Nord 231C and 231E

Jimmy

I prefer those better than the weathered version available on the DLS! Their bright hues of green and brown match very nicely with the freshly-painted royal blue coat and the well-polished, waxed and buffed brass and gold trimmings of the Post-WW1 CIWL carriages!

I like the 4-8-2 (<kuid2:64577:403:2> Loc 241P30) with the more modern cars and the 2-8-2 (<kuid2:64577:200:2> Loc 141R420) with the older cars. Not historically accurate at all but hey better than what came with the payware set.

Last edited:
I don't own TANE, thus the payware CIWL fleet is out of the question, but I did find some woodsided repaint's of Vendel's models on IBERTrainz that I can use to cover the older wooden carriages. Hopefully, a TS12-compatible version of the payware Orient Express will be released; according to the wiki, support for TS12 doesn't end until next year.

I don't own TANE, thus the payware CIWL fleet is out of the question, but I did find some woodsided repaint's of Vendel's models on IBERTrainz that I can use to cover the older wooden carriages. Hopefully, a TS12-compatible version of the payware Orient Express will be released; according to the wiki, support for TS12 doesn't end until next year.

I doubt they will, everything on the Trainz Store is already T:ANE only now. It even says it on everything except the city tram route, Carbon City.

Frankly the payware is a bit overpriced. Three rail cars for $20.00 USD. True you have many setting for the three car's livery etc. but only one has an interior.

Vendel's CIWL cars do have the variety. A different 3rd party content creator, using blueprints on the web, could easily model the carriages and create several different liveries for them.

Also, speaking of the real Orient Express, what was the typical length/numbers of cars in the train consist during the 30's, and how was it usually arranged; the position of the sleeping, dining, and pullman lounge carriages in the consist?
In 1935 the Orient Express had : 1 luggage car, 7 sleeping cars, 3 or 4 dining car with kitchen and 1 luggage car and was hauled by a 231E in France.

Last edited:
I can see the reason for multiple diners - a highly popular train, which means - more mouths to feed!:hehe:
Were there any Pullman lounges; cream and royal blue cars furnished with lavish sofas and arm chairs, used on the main Orient Express service?

I can see the reason for multiple diners - a highly popular train, which means - more mouths to feed!:hehe:
Were there any Pullman lounges; cream and royal blue cars furnished with lavish sofas and arm chairs, used on the main Orient Express service?

Yes, inside the Orient Express in MSTS, it has a luxurious interior with small, 2 person tables in the dining cars. I would think there would be sofas, luxury chairs, and other extremely expensive furtiture on the train.

This is the DLS/CMP thumbnail used for the locomotive in question.
kuid2_142675_500780_1.jpg

If you like luxury trains, have a look at this..

BR02-Steaming-Out-Of-The-Station.jpg

The German Mitropa Rheingold carriages by vasquez are superb...for their age! They were made for V2.0!
Detailed interiors with many camera views. If only somebody would update them for tane. The sa4uk is broken and has errors.

Here's one with a kitchen..<kuid2:121945:15282:4> Rheingold sb4uk

A nice loco for you too.

<kuid:36679:100021> S3/6 blau by lizzy
<kuid:36679:100025> s3/6_Tender

Bay-S-3.jpg

Last edited:
The Orient Express was most likely pulled by the Bavarian S 3/6 as it passed through southern Germany. Pulled from http://mikes.railhistory.railfan.net/r045.html: "[FONT=&quot]She is a long, lean-looking engine, with a very high running plate, a pointed front, and the sand-box on the top of the boiler under the same casing as the dome."

BTW, I did find another CIWL Luggage wagon on https://mistral69.jimdo.com/téléchargements/fourgons-à-bagages-créations/ and the original 1883 trainset on https://pnotrainz.jimdo.com/téléchargements/ciwlt/[/FONT]

The German Mitropa Rheingold carriages by vasquez are superb...for their age! They were made for V2.0!
Detailed interiors with many camera views. If only somebody would update them for tane. The sa4uk is broken and has errors.

Now that's what I call service, vasquez has been in and repaired the sa4uk kitchen car, absolutely brilliant!!
Now I have a proper rake again. :)

Back