Replacing assets

jillcraig

Hey everyone,

On the Santa Fe needles district the mainline switches have this "not active" problem. I understand that most not active issues are problems with the servers or a DLC problem. I'm trying to replace the not active US&S switch machine black with the US&S A5 Pneumatic PRR switch by replasing the kuid code. The new asset that says it is installed payware in the dependencies which normally means that it is working in the program. When I open the route in edit or play mode, it still does not show the new asset in the place of the old not active asset. I tried deleting the old asset and that did not work.

Thank you for your help and thank you to whoever built the route.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

You can't replace an asset that's neither active, nor can you change or update an asset by editing config.txt file. The assets listed in the config.txt file are there for the program to list the asset dependencies within Content Manager only; the actual reference is within an object file associated with the route.

I recommend checking that you are in fact connected to the N3V My Trainz server and possibly running an extended database repair.

To run an EDR, either at the Launcher or in Content Manager, click on the Developer menu item, press CTRL and click on repair database at the same time.

FYI an EDR can take some time so it's best to do this when you won't need your computer for other things.

Thanks John,

I ran the EDR by pressing CTRL and rebuild database. For some reason it still did not work. How do you know that the My Trainz is connected to the server? How do you run the extended database repair?

Thanks again

Daniel

Go to the Launcher.

Click on Settings

Click on Internet.

That should display your My Trainz account and ******** for password.

It will say logged into My Trainz account successfully, or something like that (working from memory here), and if you have an FCT that will give you the number of days remaining on your ticket.

If it does not say that, then there's something wrong with the connection either on your end or N3V's end. This issue can be cause by antivirus firewall, or even Windows firewall settings which are blocking the internet connection. You may be able to get on the network, but that doesn't mean that the program can due to background processes not connecting.

If that isn't an issue you might need to do is delete the folders in the Packages directory, and redownload your content after running a database repair. That process will force the content to reconnect in the database.

Go to the Launcher.

Click on Settings

Click on Internet.

That should display your My Trainz account and ******** for password.

It will say logged into My Trainz account successfully, or something like that (working from memory here), and if you have an FCT that will give you the number of days remaining on your ticket.

If it does not say that, then there's something wrong with the connection either on your end or N3V's end. This issue can be cause by antivirus firewall, or even Windows firewall settings which are blocking the internet connection. You may be able to get on the network, but that doesn't mean that the program can due to background processes not connecting.

If that isn't an issue you might need to do is delete the folders in the Packages directory, and redownload your content after running a database repair. That process will force the content to reconnect in the database.

For high end Windows OS like Professional, you also may have to have the right ports open to connect and download. Tech support should be able to give you that info if all else fails.

For high end Windows OS like Professional, you also may have to have the right ports open to connect and download. Tech support should be able to give you that info if all else fails.

Yes if necessary, but generally the Antivirus and Windows Firewall are pretty happy with allowing the application once you tell them to do so.

There are some antivirus applications, however, that don't like the background processes at all and they really do cause problems Kapersky is one of them, which causes all kinds of heartache for us. I also had to deal with that in a corporate environment where the user attempted to connect from home via the VPN, which Kaspersky blocked no matter how many ways we tried to allow the product to communicate. It was like fighting government red tape on that.

Back