Rememeber to search the internet for missing KUIDS

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS

7 Year Trainz Vet
I have seen a lot of topics around that have to do with missing KUIDs. One thing everyone out there NEEDS to remember is you can just search the internet for dependencies. Remember to get rid of the "Unknown KUID" text after copying and pasting the KUID so it is just the KUID numbers. Another thing is shared dependencies. A lot of content makers share their dependencies from locomotives or pieces of rolling stock with others on their website. This could be anything, even a whistle or engine spec.

Just remember, if you can't find a dependency, search the internet first and then make a topic if you still can't find that KUID.

Making a topic if you can't find it on the internet is also useless, as the chance that someone has it and someone sends it is less than 5%. I am missing more than 1000 kuids, and no one has ever found them. Some of them reside on specific language forums.

Regards,
Marcos

Right lets help this along a little seeing as Marcos you are in The Netherlands I have 1 route on my list called Netherlandswest 5.0 And despite requests in the Dutch forum etc on here and other resources at my disposal I am still missing 1000 dependencies for this 1 route alone. which I have been searching for for quite a long time. There is a propensity it seems in certain regions to keep things to themselves and not let them out into the wider world. While I can understand that to a small degree it also deprives others of the enjoyment of seeing how another countries railways operate and the work put in by people in Trainz from that country. Other countries and route creators make up route packs,dependency packs and are most helpful despite language barriers etc. I have spent many hours trawling the net looking for missing dependencies from many routes and countries but still nothing gets resolved and has not for many years. So what do we do put what could be a fantastic route in the bin because of the above or leave it installed in the hope that someone will help out. There a lot of people on here who make requests for missing dependencies and Trainz Kuid index is a great resource but even that does not cover everything. So what is the answer ? I would like to know ?

Right lets help this along a little seeing as Marcos you are in The Netherlands I have 1 route on my list called Netherlandswest 5.0 And despite requests in the Dutch forum etc on here and other resources at my disposal I am still missing 1000 dependencies for this 1 route alone. which I have been searching for for quite a long time. There is a propensity it seems in certain regions to keep things to themselves and not let them out into the wider world. While I can understand that to a small degree it also deprives others of the enjoyment of seeing how another countries railways operate and the work put in by people in Trainz from that country. Other countries and route creators make up route packs,dependency packs and are most helpful despite language barriers etc. I have spent many hours trawling the net looking for missing dependencies from many routes and countries but still nothing gets resolved and has not for many years. So what do we do put what could be a fantastic route in the bin because of the above or leave it installed in the hope that someone will help out. There a lot of people on here who make requests for missing dependencies and Trainz Kuid index is a great resource but even that does not cover everything. So what is the answer ? I would like to know ?

I don't know what we should do with routes that you can't find dependencies for. I do know A LOT are missing for many routes out there though. Just the other day I got the Reading and Northern from Jointed Rail and I found it had a pretty large amount of missing dependencies. I found a few but the other 15 to 20 are gone for good. I searched with my internet browser and not one thing came up for all of them.

One thing to remember is websites get shutdown or even deleted. A lot get shutdown due to the author not paying for the website to stay up and this leads to missing or unfindable dependencies. Of course that depends on if their website host requires you to pay.

Hi.
Well what to do about missing kuid numbers
i try to use google but if i then still have more than
75 missing kuids i just delete the route
Because there are so many websites closed and the creators
are no longer in the trainz community
Tonny

This would not be a problem if everyone plays by the same rules and used the DLS like it was originally intended where it automatically downloads the required KUID's and skip the ones you already have!

This would not be a problem if everyone plays by the same rules and used the DLS like it was originally intended where it automatically downloads the required KUID's and skip the ones you already have!

Well, people are annoying and like to make their own websites for stuff. This of course makes it super hard to find ANYTHING when people forget to pay for their website (if applicable) and it gets shutdown because of their forgetfullness.

Searching the internet for mission KUID's is something I have done a lot as it seems virtually every route on the DLS use at least some 3rd party dependencies. Sometimes it's difficult to work with assets exclusively on the DLS, 3rd party websites often have unique assets you can't find elsewhere.

I use 3rd party content in my routes but generally it's from sites that are probably not going to vanish any time soon i.e., Jointed Rail.

Searching for the author's ID KUID number sometimes will find you their main website with there content, and it doesn't hurt to look around on the forums either.

Well, people are annoying and like to make their own websites for stuff. This of course makes it super hard to find ANYTHING when people forget to pay for their website (if applicable) and it gets shutdown because of their forgetfullness.
And that while there is a site where you can get a free website with unlimited bandwidth and storage. Some times they don't forget to pay but they don't have enough money, like what happened to TramTrainz.cz.
Marcos

3rd party content can be annoying most of the time if you can't find it in the first place. I wish authors would update their content so they do not to use that KUID(s) anymore if they find there is a missing KUID(s) that no longer exist. They of all people should know because the website they used to get it is either gone or that specific asset is gone on a website. If that person has died or not been active for a long time, then and only then will I understand why they didn't fix their content.

I have spent hours and sometimes days downloading Layouts only to find they contain 3rd party kuid's and or have unknown kuid's. as in

"Revised 1930s English Branchline" A very promising layout was deleted because of the missing/unknown kuids.

I now question myself before any download as I have found even the smallest download will 9 out of 10 time require 3rd party kuids or will return the dreaded "unknown Asset"

I have dropped Trainz A New ERROR and returned to TS12.

I need help to find a certain kuid for the BR 03 Rot

Now, I know the BR 03 Rot is pretty old and faulty, but I need this one kuid, it's a bogey according to the config and it's <kuid:44903:50102>, does anyone know where to find it? Or if they can PM it to me? Thanks!

Back