Disappearing Icons

stouthm

Get over it
Two items/products are missing their icons/pictures. General Goods by Auran and Bricks on a pallet by perchpole. Wanted to make some changes on a few of my freight stops and noticed that these two items have no pictures. They are still listed at the stop but no pictures, just a blank white square. Did a data base repair with no change. Any suggestions or corrections? The kuids are - 2:44988:80020:6 and -25:1149.

Last edited:
From what I've gathered these have been affected by a recent asset update. Might be worth checking if there are any newer versions available.

Shane

It is honestly a very easy fix. The images missing by the way are the product images. All you have to do is add .jpg images to the products in Windows Explorer through Content Manager. I would suggest using a real image of the product though. I just put a white photo in Auran's General Goods and now the product image is just white, lol. I will have to change that. Remember to name it whatever it has to be named. You can see what the image name is it supposed to be by looking at the "view errors and warnings" button.

Last edited:
Two items/products are missing their icons/pictures. General Goods by Auran and Bricks on a pallet by perchpole. Wanted to make some changes on a few of my freight stops and noticed that these two items have no pictures. They are still listed at the stop but no pictures, just a blank white square. Did a data base repair with no change. Any suggestions or corrections? The kuids are - 2:44988:80020:6 and -25:1149.

Auran sent an update for General Goods a few days ago. <kuid:-25:1181> "General Goods" does obsolete <kuid:-25:1149> "General Goods". For Bricks on a Pallet I got authors permission to modify it. I just sent it off to DLS as <kuid:622415:100002> Bricks on a Pallet. Of course I cannot obsolete perchpole's asset. I'm not a pro but let me know if I messed up something so can try to fix it.
Lockheed

... Auran sent an update for General Goods a few days ago. <kuid:-25:1181> ...
... when i was searching for that in contentmanager (with searchfacilities) i didn't find it ... but i was surprised to see (after adjustment "true") it was "automatically" installed ...

i noticed in the past that some assets (3rd party..) suddenly can disappear and make a (selfmade) route with missing dependencies ... not even mentioned as obsoletes ... i was wondering how that is possible, as all was on my harddrive ...
also affected by updates ?

grtz
daveric

... when i was searching for that in contentmanager (with searchfacilities) i didn't find it ... but i was surprised to see (after adjustment "true") it was "automatically" installed ...

i noticed in the past that some assets (3rd party..) suddenly can disappear and make a (selfmade) route with missing dependencies ... not even mentioned as obsoletes ... i was wondering how that is possible, as all was on my harddrive ...
also affected by updates ?

grtz
daveric

3rd party assets will disappear if they have been obsoleted, but they really aren't gone. The third-party assets have actually been placed in the background, and can only be found in Content Manager. To bring the obsoleted asset back to use, you can delete the update and your old one will be there.

Here's another lesson on assets. :)

The old way of obsoleting assets was to use an obsolete-table within the config.txt, which was used for pre-KUID2 type assets. The newer version of an asset <kuid:123456:769> would have inside its config.txt

obsolete-table
{

0 <kuid:123456:768>

}

Today we use the KUID2 system which allows for an update of the same asset by updating the asset version. The old version had its advantages of allowing an asset to be replaced by another author, but you know how that can go. In fact I had a mistake once with that. Someone made a mill which was very nice, but did an update to their model and typo'd the updated asset's kuid in the obsolete-table and unknowingly uploaded that broken asset to the DLS. The update then replaced my mill with a canal lock! I reported this to Auran, as they were called at the time, and the asset was repaired by the author and uploaded again.

With the KUID2 system that circumstance can't occur any longer.

Sometimes too, though, even now you'll have an updated asset break an existing one due to some change which then affects multiple assets. This is why I always check for faulty assets after updating.

...always check for faulty assets after updating...
thanks a lot John for the extensive answer ... another lesson in the pocket ...
apparently it is not always clear when there was an update ... but before i go off topic: i will contact the 3rd party about that specific issue, because the "disappeared" item is now on their website as "soon available" ... since 6 months now in the meantime ...
grtz
daveric

... I just sent it off to DLS as <kuid:622415:100002> Bricks on a Pallet. Of course I cannot obsolete perchpole's asset. I'm not a pro but let me know if I messed up something so can try to fix it.
Lockheed

It's up and available for download
Lockheed

Made it to back port the asset to TANE SP1HF4 as well. Regression test passed successfully. Just uploaded <kuid2:622415:100002:1> Bricks on a Pallet update to support that patch level too (Trainz build 4.3). If you need support for additional older builds as well or find any errors, please let me know.
Lockheed

Back