What ever happened to the KUID's NV3 nolonger supports

Relick

Just curious as to the where about's of the KUID's that NV3 have decided to cease support / make obsolete.

Are they still available somewhere in Cyber Space or are they gone forever?

I would have presumed that NV3 have them somewhere in their archives, rather than to have deleted them permanently.

If NV3 still have them could they Please open up some kind of access to them.

It is so very sad that these KUID's are not found on the D/L station, One has to seriously consider that NV3 is not interested in keeping their customers happy.

Particularly their Long Time customers.

I have been a customer since I purchased Trainz Version 1.3 and have purchased subsequent versions all the way to T:ANE.

So sad to have lost some old/ancient Kuid's through a HDD failure and to discover that they are no-longer available.

Please NV3 can you resurrect any old archived kuid's and bring them back onto the D/L station.

Thank you.

Post the kuid you are looking for, many times others can find it for you.

jcitron found me the Amtrak PhaseIII F40PH on the DLS and i couldn't find any at first, no idea why, i searched amtrak... go figure...

The image below shows 21,369 items on the DS now that are older than the officially supported N3V version 3.5.

<kuid2:58843:72:5> Amtrak F40PH

This item shows version 2.9 and is prior to the 3.5 build and above supported items.

I think everything is still there unless they really did or do delete things.

This image shows all content that is obsolete but still on the DS.

The newer version of the F40PH works on the DS, and is older than version 3.5. NOW. ---> <kuid2:58843:72:5> Amtrak F40PH
2QRn75J.jpg

Last edited:
If the old assets were on the DLS, they are still there and can still be downloaded (in CM use the "Download this version" menu option). In many or even most cases, if the assets were constructed properly for the particular version of Trainz they were built for, they will still work OK in the latest versions.

You can also go to the DLS white pages and download from there. You need to check the version checkboxes and may need to use the FTP download to obtain the assets. I've done that for some really old stuff.

@TINE:

I have assets tucked away in my brain, and I happened to remember the author of the older F40PH. In some cases I even remember author ID numbers, but don't know enough to come in from the rain, or know how to balance my checkbook anymore! :)

N3Vs policy has always been that, except for confirmed copyright violations, they do not remove assets from the DLS. CM will always find the latest version of a particular asset but it does have ability to show all previous (and obsolete) versions if they are present. Right click on an asset in CM and select List asset versions.

As per my reply on that thread. "Unknown" means that they are not on the DLS and, barring being removed for copyright violations, probably never have been. Most likely they are (or were) to be found on 3rd party sites which have a tendency to disappear

As per my reply on that thread. "Unknown" means that they are not on the DLS ....

Some that marked as "unknown" are faulty and can be downloaded if you use the download command. These are the assets that are on the CRG faulty list. Last time I looked there stlll several 1000's to go. SP2 HF1 will probably add several 100's more. Don't hold your breath waiting for them to be fixed. :hehe:

Diplomacy is not and has never has been my forte.

If I have offended or upset anyone (which I appear to have done, judging by one comment directed to me) I can only attempt to apologise.

That being said, I came onto this forum to ask a question and make what I considered to be a valid comment.

A valid and welcomed comment was in regards to "Third Party" assets. Which I had never heard of until today.

Thus I took a wee bit of time to explore the DLS for TS12 and T:ANE layouts and discovered that a fair amount of them appear to require "Third Party" content. As such I have decided that D/L-ing any future layouts would be a waste of my time.

I play Trainz as a way of breaking the boredom of having my ass stuck in a wheelchair all day every, as there is beggar else I can physically do. (not asking for or wanting sympathy, just stating a fact)

I now say Thank You to those of you that have taken the time to reply to me.

Signing off the forum permanently, I wish you all the very best head of steam and may your rails remain in new condition.

:wave:

If you want layouts for TANE & TS12 that have no 3rd party content, may I suggest any of those made by Philskene. His layouts & any sessions for them only use builtin content or content that is available on the DLS. Most have a separate thread in the Freeware section of the forums where you can see what the route looks like first.
I don't think you will be disappointed with any of them.

You can also go to the DLS white pages and download from there. You need to check the version checkboxes and may need to use the FTP download to obtain the assets. I've done that for some really old stuff.

@TINE:

I have assets tucked away in my brain, and I happened to remember the author of the older F40PH. In some cases I even remember author ID numbers, but don't know enough to come in from the rain, or know how to balance my checkbook anymore! :)

Play music; it helps.

If you want layouts for TANE & TS12 that have no 3rd party content, may I suggest any of those made by Philskene. His layouts & any sessions for them only use builtin content or content that is available on the DLS. Most have a separate thread in the Freeware section of the forums where you can see what the route looks like first.
I don't think you will be disappointed with any of them.

I can back you up on that. Philskene makes great routes. Although lately he has had some with comical names for them. He honestly makes great routes. Industrail is a great one. It is HUGE with probably over 50 different industries on it.

Thus I took a wee bit of time to explore the DLS for TS12 and T:ANE layouts and discovered that a fair amount of them appear to require "Third Party" content. As such I have decided that D/L-ing any future layouts would be a waste of my time

Downloading layouts is often very frustrating. The easiest and quickest way to get new routes is to follow the advice given earlier for Philskene and other routes. You can also buy the sessions from N3V, they are not really all that expensive (maybe a tank of gas). If you spend days searching for old 3rd party content, what are you paying yourself per hour? Worse still, many of them will be defective for new Trainz builds for various reasons, then more fixing.

I would have thought that it would be a common courtesy if all route and session creators placed a simple message such as "contains third party content" in their asset descriptions to help avoid this problem. It would be even better if they identify exactly where you can obtain these missing assets but sadly not all do. I know that some creators place the message "all content is built in or on the DLS" or similar in their descriptions (philskene being one) and these are the ones I am more likely to download. I too have grown tired of the "kuid hunt" and have better things to do with my time.

There are some threads in these forums that will help you locate missing kuids (https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?111942-Missing-Kuids-Post-them-here is one) and there is a third party site, Trainz Kuid Index which now requires a subscription (worth it if finding missing assets is a constant problem), that will also assist in this task. But there are never any guarantees.

Back