Facebook Screenshot Competition announced

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Hi Screnshotters. This week we've begun a new Screenshot Competition created especially for Facebook users. We know there are lots of Trainz fans who are on Facebook (and of course lots of people who aren't), so nothign will change in this forum - we'll be keeping the foum competition going in parallel with the FB competition.

To kick things off, we've taken the liberty of publishing each of the entries from the current "voting" competition from the forums here and provided credits to the submitters (using your MyTrainz username). No personal data has been shared.

Since the Facebook competition will run for another week for entries (Oct 6), and two weeks for voting (Oct 12), you're welcome to submit a new entry each day, and also vote on an entry each day. Of course you will need to have a Facebook account in order to submit entries or vote.

If for some reason you feel strongly that you don't want your entry published as part of the Facebook competition, please let us know in this thread and we'll remove your entry (but our thinking is that most contributors will be more than happy sharing their shots with a wider audience).

We won't be reposting screenshots from the forums for future competitions, so feel free to post in both locations when we start up the next comp.

We'd also love to hear your feedback on the FB competition (good or bad).

Last edited:
Sorry - link to the competition now added to the original post as well. (Thanks davies_mike57 for your help)

Well, so can I add my picture in future by facebook and it will be counted as a part of forum competition or it will be different competition? And what about sharing via fanpage? I don't like to promote myself by easy votes, but in fact i would like to know how it could exactly works. It's a kind of fun, but i expect the best and prepare for the worst - there's also someone who might cheat.

Hello from France,

Each action able to enlarge the reputation of our simu is welcome... Let's try this new way !!! And have fun !!!

Friendly, Marc

Really now... for real? Facebook? Oh my gosh...

viral-memes-on-facebook-sq.png

Wheres the screenshot thread for october 2nd.. early early early bird is too early for the worm?

Facebook went into the trash the day they actually tried to get me to upload a copy of my drivers license to prove i... "wasn't a robot"
I had the account for 7 years, and ... they could have asked, nothing about my account was robot like, if someone dosen't like you, you get accused of that and no one smart will upload their id to these insane people, so they do that for an excuse to get rid of those who don't carry the facebook official political and social views.
I have crazy productive life now, since facebook went into the trash, never looked back, don't regret it.
People say im working hard, or that i worked hard on this or that, but really, no.. its cause i don't have facebook.

This screen shot will NOT be on facebook, only here.(i mean unless someone else does it) It came from a this video titled "TANE v89566 with TransDEM route NPR Train" ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwxVQ7k0Zls

rZioE54.jpg

Last edited:
As I said above, each to their own. Some people like forums, some like Facebook and running the new FB competition caters to a different demographic.

A quick comparison of numbers is interesting (and probably suggests that the whole concept needs an overhaul to attract more people to submit and vote):

New entries in 3 days: 3 via Facebook; 3 in the Dock contest here
Visitors over 3 days: 237 on FB; 94 visitors to the Dock thread
Votes over 3 days: 37 on FB; 9 voters in last weeks thread (not a direct comparison as more than one vote per person per day is allowed)

Long and short of it is that we'll run the FB for a while and see how things go. For those who want to enter, the next competition on FB will open on Oct 5 (and you are still able to add more entries to the current competition until then).

I don't use Facepuke, but I have no problem with there being a screenshot comp over there.
You will get more views there for a simple reason... the competition link is easy to see, here om the Forums there is no headline link.
I wonder how many members don't even know of the competition on here because it's a bit hidden away?

Social integration is the smartest thing any company can do these days, i doubt anyone here is upset or unhappy with that.
Its a GREAT place for those who may not be into the computer side of trainz.
Afterall, trainz now runs on iphones?
When is trainz gonna run on my toaster and fridge? ;)

This SCREEEEEN SHOT is from this video called IT STARTS WITH ONE---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZAl5lg9Yc
xu4Y6a5.jpg

This next screen shot is from yet a different video titled CARBON TA-XOR ---->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiqdzJFkBRo
agSRQL0.jpg

I have a story about this last video/screen shot..

Whats funny about TANE, is that its getting so realistic that two different people who i showed my TANE video to, thought it was real.
One guy was flipping out when he saw my train which had 7 steam engines on it.
He was flipping out because he wanted to know WHERE they had 7 steam engines, and when this video happened, he was mad he missed it.. hehehe

Im sure it helped that it was playing on a HD widescreen 55" tv.
The smoke flying around plus the shadows, plus post processing... make you wonder if this universe is just a simulation...
I can see why, at first in the video, with the shadow from the tree hitting the first engine as it starts up, the smoke flying around very realistically, and to top it off the lady hanging LAUNDRY.

Reality, is simply the senses, overwhelmed..., all the time..
You could probably see the aliasing, and [h=1]Nyquist Jitter of the universe, if your senses weren't so overloaded all the time.... but don't tell anyone that.
[/h]
"So real, you'll be mad you missed it" :mop:

Last edited:
Hi guys :)

This competition is a great way to share our screenshots with more people !
Well done for me

Greetings from France
Antoine

Facebook SS Comp - Entries open from now to Oct 12

To allay fears that FB may be attempting to overthrow this forum, announcing competition dates will not be a regular feature of this forum.

This post is made as a courtesy to inform "regulars" here of the plans for Facebook. There will be a new competition each week that goes live Thursday midday AEST (so late Wednesday in US, early a.m. in Europe).

Voting for last week's competition is still open for another week.

Currently well in the lead: pm372
810_59cdeec48e526-29_9_Pm372_20170918_0010.jpg

Entries for this week's competition are now open.

Remember that entries for the Facebook competition are totally independent of the forum competition. On FB you can enter once per day, and vote once per image per day and of course use images that you've previously posted here. Enjoy one or both competition - it's totally up to you.

Last edited:
Hello from France ,

in the Facebook competition there are two singular possibilities : voting for himself, and voting each day for himself, wich is quite imconfortable in terms of ethic...

And what does mean voting in those conditions ?

But I maybe have not all understood ?

Friendly, Marc

@n3v games: can you resolve this kind of situation? I don't cheat, but well - i would like to prove it.

Well, for the last 4 weeks with competion without theme, i won by somebody votes.

Unfortunately (from experience with Facebook competitions elsewhere) it's purely down to the goodwill of the people voting. There isn't a way of preventing someone voting for themselves unfortunately.

Shane

I think we all know, that some people will try to force their opinion no matter what to people on Facebook.

However, Facebook is a good medium to market your products.

Taking everything on board, I see it as a good opportunity to let people who have an interest in Trains, see the quality our route builders can create.

I'll put some screenshots up and I don't care if I don't win any competition. I've already won because I enjoy my Trainz hobby.

Cheers guys,
Roy

I myself won't be using this Facebook competition because I don't really like Facebook, for various reasons. I certainly don't have an issue with anyone who uses it but I myself won't be using Facebook, or the FB comp.

If you for some reason you'd like to use any screenshots I post, that's OK, you have my pre-approval, etc. I don't mind. I will only be using the normal forums competition, because I am more comfortable with that.

Also, I agree with the points made by Giraud and Shane Turner.

Last edited:
Trainz members,

Have had no problem with Facebook at all since signing up in 2012.
Really it is not a competition of who has the best shot taken for a money prize or something.
Some members like to show their efforts to others and take pride in their artistic graphic work.
Millions of people around the world are using the Facebook application and is user friendly.
Facebook can be tailored for personal use and general account settings such as personal details can be hidden from the public if desired.

Mike Davies

Back