AI controlling only 2 junctions

suburbansilvervlogs

Hotbox Content
Up until now, I have had AI controlling more than 2 junctions, like in this photo below:
Screen_Shot_2017-09-27_at_3.46.50_pm.png

However, I have recently added directional track marks, and the AI can only control 2 of the junctions. I have checked to make sure the route is possible and it is. This is also happening along other parts of my route. Obviously, the AI is blocked at a red signal as the route is 'unsignalled'. Any thoughts?

This is not new; I remember it happening with TS2012 as well. When I migrated to TS2012 I had to add a lot of dwarf signals (or invisible signals) along the route in order to keep AI trains moving. The problem went away when I converted over to Enhanced Interlocking Towers, but I'm still running SP1 and don't plan to upgrade until I hear reports that the EITs are working properly in the latest version.

--Lamont

As already pointed out this is either an old issue or a limitation within AI. The solution is to set Junction 83590 to the right into slip/siding, trains coming towards you on the right hand track will set the points themselves under AI and they will return to the right when the train passes.

Its worth noting that AI has trouble routing trains into the likes of sidings when the siding the points are at rest to, is already occupied by a consist which is not protected by a signal. The solution is to use a short length of invisible track terminated with an invisible signal/buffer from the junction, making it a 3-way junction, and set the points to the invisible track.

You may care to try this with your current route by likewise placing a short length of invisible track, terminated with an invisible signal/buffer, between to two tracks forming Junction 83590 and resting the points at the invisible track. Peter

As already pointed out this is either an old issue or a limitation within AI. The solution is to set Junction 83590 to the right into slip/siding, trains coming towards you on the right hand track will set the points themselves under AI and they will return to the right when the train passes.

Its worth noting that AI has trouble routing trains into the likes of sidings when the siding the points are at rest to, is already occupied by a consist which is not protected by a signal. The solution is to use a short length of invisible track terminated with an invisible signal/buffer from the junction, making it a 3-way junction, and set the points to the invisible track.

You may care to try this with your current route by likewise placing a short length of invisible track, terminated with an invisible signal/buffer, between to two tracks forming Junction 83590 and resting the points at the invisible track. Peter

Hi Peter, I'll try out the invisible track and see how it goes. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Back