HELP!! I Lost My Birds Eye View In My Route In Surveyor!!

Uh, HELP??? Been working on route, including a hump yard for 3 days now and today, out of nowhere, I lost my ability to fly above my route in order to know where to place my tracks, signals etc! Tried the camera in All I get is ground view. The highest I can go is the Hump but I can't move vertically up - just horizontally across. Man this is frustrating. It may be my keyboard perhaps. I'll see what I can find. If you know of anything that I can do, or if there is anyone else who may know what the situation is, please let me know - ASAP. Thanks and peace everyone. And like I said earlier... HELP!!!

Last edited:
Click on the ground.
Press the up arrow key. This will flip your view so that the camera faces downward. You can then use your mouse scroll-wheel to zoom in and out.

I tried it 2 times to make sure I didn't tell you something different. :)

The Shift-key will allow finer adjustments.

No need to start two topics.... You asked the same question in your other post.

Thanks for the advice, did what you said and I still can't get off of the ground. All other layouts start you off from above the route looking down - which was the case in the layout I'm working on, until yesterday evening. Instead of starting with a bird's eye view of the route (as it does so just fine in other routes I checked), this route in Surveyor starts me off right on the grid line. Re-tracing my steps, this all started after I adjusted the sky in the environment settings and added cameras by the tracks (even though I'm told the cameras are strictly for Driver mode). So I don't know. My mouse has a ball- not a wheel and it's not working right, so I don't know. Will try a new mouse with the wheel to see if that's the problem. Keyboard works fine. Strange- I can teleport horizontally but can't do it vertically. Wondering if I have any malware on that route. Yea I realize that I mentioned my post in another thread. My apologies. Was in panic mode. Such a good layout. I may have to start from scratch - hopefully not- or I can copy and paste it on a new route perhaps?

Thanks for the advice, did what you said and I still can't get off of the ground. All other layouts start you off from above the route looking down - which was the case in the layout I'm working on, until yesterday evening. Instead of starting with a bird's eye view of the route (as it does so just fine in other routes I checked), this route in Surveyor starts me off right on the grid line. Re-tracing my steps, this all started after I adjusted the sky in the environment settings and added cameras by the tracks (even though I'm told the cameras are strictly for Driver mode). So I don't know. My mouse has a ball- not a wheel and it's not working right, so I don't know. Will try a new mouse with the wheel to see if that's the problem. Keyboard works fine. Strange- I can teleport horizontally but can't do it vertically. Wondering if I have any malware on that route. Yea I realize that I mentioned my post in another thread. My apologies. Was in panic mode. Such a good layout. I may have to start from scratch - hopefully not- or I can copy and paste it on a new route perhaps?

Update: Problem fixed!! I tried various buttons on the keyboard until I came to the Page Up and Page Down buttons. Page Down moves you right to the grid line looking up and Page Up moves you back to the birds eye view. So glad this all worked out! Thanks again for your help John with your advice with the Arrow keys etc. It was worth a shot.

Back