Ever Regret not buying Payware when You had the Chance?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
So not that long ago, Scratchy released his new, updated version of his 'Coal Country' route, as payware. When it was first available, it was on sale, yet I didn't buy it. Afterwards I noticed that there was a lot of people saying how much they liked the route. Looking back, I regret not buying it when it was on sale. Also, when Steam Locomotive Works had their USATC 2-8-0 available, I regret not getting it, as Steam Locomotive Works has since gone out of business, making USATC 2-8-0 is now vaporware. Has anyone else been in the same situation?
Note: I know that Coal Country is available via N3V, but you would not be able to modify the route, which is one of my favorite things about Trainz. I plan on buying it directly from Jointed Rail, so I could modify it to how I like it.

Last edited:
I spend almost 90% of my current Trainz time in my version of Coal Country! Amazing work Scratchy did there, and I am having the time of my life making it my own.

I think this question should be:

Ever Regret NOT buying Payware when You had the Chance?

Then my answer is:

YES!

So now I see. I like. I buy.

Same happened to me Jordon412! Thought Coal Country looked awesome... and had been on sale forever! Then when I was ready to take the plunge; the price had gone back to: $39.99! :'( I would not wait for a next sale and purchased. The route is JR's most realistic offering since "Reading and Northern" [... if not more so] but I must say, the price was extremely high for a route... what: around 10 baseboards?! If I had got it at: $29.99, I wouldn't have likely responded to this thread :hehe:

Last edited:
I can say that I have never regretted NOT buying payware. I can also say that, on the odd occasion, I have regretted buying some payware but I put that down to a learning experience and have never asked for a refund. I do not have Coal Country.

Oh well, it can also be the other way.
Buy too quick is also not always good.

Many things I bought were 50% off two weeks later because of a sales weekend.

But still very happy with my Club Car membership!

it is all cheaper than a brass scale model or big scale ride-on unit... a few dollars vs hundreds or thousands, hmm...

Back