HELP JR F7 and Forum navigation

Zach2286

Hello there,
this is my first time posting to the forum. This post should probably go in the support category, but apparently that section is not open for posting?? Either way, I am having trouble with my freeware JR F7. I downloaded all of the variations from JR and a reskin from another 3rd party, and the models show up in the dreaded "red text" in my in game content list, indicating that they won't work. I think I'm missing dependencies but since JR doesn't offer a list of dependencies needed for each loco, and they won't offer support on freeware products, I seem to be up the creek without a paddle. Can any of you help me? Thanks!
Zach,
Member and Volunteer, Lake Superior Railroad Museum

Hi Zach and welcome to the forums.

Odd that you can't post in the support forums. This may be something that has to be looked at on N3V's end.

Anyway. This is most likely a missing dependency issue which of course will cause errors and prevent the asset from loading. In the old days we would have wheel-less locomotives with hover capabilities!

What you can do is find out what is missing from the asset in Content Manager.

Right-click on the asset. Choose View Dependencies.

(You'll see a bunch of stuff).

Click on the Status column. If this column doesn't show initially, right-click on the columns and add that column and others if you wish. You can rearrange them also how you see fit.

When you click on the Status column, this will sort the status, which will put the unknown dependency or dependencies at the top.

You will see specific asset ID numbers next to the names these are the KUID numbers which are made up of these parts: The USER ID : ASSET ID : version

With the KUID of the asset, you can now find what you are looking for.

----

Being a Jointed Rail component, the asset is hosted on their website at www.jointedrail.com You will need to create an account in order to access the downloads; both payware and freeware.

Check the Freeware section of their downloads. They do have the F7s there and that download most likely contains what you are looking for.

Also while there check out their payware assets, you'll become very addicted.

Reskin

Thanks for the help, I have the Stock JR F units working.The Pennsy reskin version (the one I really want to use)was missing dependency KUID 156765:1827. In content manager it says "Modified, Faulty". Any ideas on what that might be? thanks!

Back