Track Overlay

sandpaper600

I have used the basemap program/function to build a new basemap with a model train layout "overlay" on it and had good results. There are areas of the basemap that do not have track on them as a result. What I am wondering is would there be a way of importing another image into the game that I could move around on the existing basemap so that I might use this image to lay more track on the otherwise open areas of the basemap. I would want to delete/hide the image when I am done laying track, just like when I made the original basemap.

Thanks for your input.

I have used the basemap program/function to build a new basemap with a model train layout "overlay" on it and had good results. There are areas of the basemap that do not have track on them as a result. What I am wondering is would there be a way of importing another image into the game that I could move around on the existing basemap so that I might use this image to lay more track on the otherwise open areas of the basemap. I would want to delete/hide the image when I am done laying track, just like when I made the original basemap.

Thanks for your input.

I've used Basemapz on a few occasions without any problems. The Basemapz program actually generates a route (map with baseboards included) as well as, an asset of the map.(It should be found under 'Basemap NS00 EW00 _ _ _" etc)

I always use the "asset" Basemap instead of the route, because it is not fixed and you can rotate it to suit yourself. You can add additional basemaps, then when you've filled in your tracks and roads, it is easily deleted, leaving it ready for your scenery detailing.

I usually use a standard type map because it is sharper than a Google Earth map. I scan the image and with a photo editor convert any color to grayscale, then sharpen it. This way you get a clear outline of your tracks and roads.

Good luck,
Roy

Back