Transferring Routes

ecco

Previously I had installed TRAINZ 2010 onto my D: drive. Wanting a fresh start, when I installed TANE, I put it into C:...defaults.

I am trying to copy one of my Routes from Trainz to TANE.

I went into Trainz, My Content, Right-Clicked the Route (TampaPort) and Saved To CDP.
I went into TANE, Manage Content, File, Import Content Files, selected TampaPort. The dialog box showed "Importing..." - No errors, No warnings.

When I go into TANE, Manage Content, TampaPort does not show up (either alphabetically or under Routes) and does not appear under Routes when I try to open a Route.

Previously I have downloaded/installed .CDPs from JR and other sources with no problem. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

ecco

I have found that Routes, Objects, etc with missing dependencies can be seen in Content Manager with a Missing Dependencies indication. I have a few old Routes that show Missing Dependencies.

In my case the TampaPort Route does not show up at all.

The route could still be "Open for Editing". Have a look for it there. If found, submit it.

If not, import it again. If there is a warning saying: "already installed" you can be sure it is somewhere there and you just have to find it.
Try looking in "Installed" filter, and check that the name field at the top right of the window is set for "Tampa".

I am often caught out by having the wrong text in that field.

Trevor

Thanks, but...
I actually saved the .cdp files from Trainz 2010 twice. I did "Import Content Files" into TANE. Once as TampaPort and once as aTampaPort. The popups showed "Importing..." - No errors, No warnings.

I looked in the Open for Editing. Alphabetically with the search box empty - No TampaPort; no aTampaPort. I opened Content Manager - All Content. I put Tampa into the search box. I found "Bush Gardens Tampa Route" and "Bush Gardens Tampa Sessions" from stuff created by Timberdv in 2010 and a Tampa-2D, so my search box entry "Tampa" is correct. All showed "Available for Download".

I went back to Manage Content, File, Import Content Files, selected TampaPort. This time the dialog box showed "Importing..." - 0 errors, 1 warnings.

I did Rebuild DataBase.

As a test, I went to JR and downloaded Niota Lumber Company.

I went into TANE, File, Import Content Files. Worked correctly.

So, back to step one...

Was this the right way to copy a Route from Trainz 2010 into TANE...
1...Trainz(2010), My Content, Right-Clicked the Route (TampaPort) and Saved To CDP.
TANE, Manage Content, File, Import Content Files, selected TampaPort.

Was this the right way to copy a Route from Trainz 2010 into TANE...
1...Trainz(2010), My Content, Right-Clicked the Route (TampaPort) and Saved To CDP.
TANE, Manage Content, File, Import Content Files, selected TampaPort.

That procedure should work, although you have additional work to do to get the dependencies you need (some will come from TS2010, some are already installed in T:ANE, some will need to be downloaded from the DLS and some will need to be replaced.

Firstly, confirm that this is a route that has been saved at least once from TS2010. If it is actually from an older version, and has never been re-saved, then it might not work in T:ANE.

You should try the same procedure with an asset that isn't a route. If that also fails then you likely have to submit a support ticket.

Something I found, moving personal assets to another version, is that the Kuid of the import is the same as one already issued in the new machine.
I had to go back to the original and change the kuid.
80% of the routes on my Tane are from early versions, including mainly 2004 and 2010 routes.
Cheers,
Mike

Here is something you could try, though I'm not sure if you can do it pre-TANE. In CM (Tr2010) right click on route you want to import and select "list dependencies". All deps should now appear listed in CM. Select all and export in a CDP. Then export the route itself as a CDP. You can then check the import log in TANE for assets that fail to install.

This is what I do:

- For routes with versions prior to TS2010, I open them in TS12 make a small change like moving a tree slightly, then saving. I don't bother to delete missing assets, and just save the route as is. This will update the route to the newer file format.

- Now in Content Manager, I export the route to a CDP.

- Import the Route into T:ANE Content Manager.

- At this point I know there's going to be a bunch-o-missing-stuff so I then check for dependencies.

I download anything from the DLS first. This ensures that I get the latest assets if there are any, and anything else that needs to come along.

- After all assets are downloaded, I then gather a list of the remaining missing dependencies, which maybe only a handful at this point, and export those from TS12, or my other versions which may have the assets not installed there. Old built-in assets, not uploaded to the DLS, can be a bit of a pain to find. They also have to be repaired when brought into T:ANE as well. Images2TGA fixes 99% of the problems with those assets since the problem is mostly textures.

That procedure should work, although you have additional work to do to get the dependencies you need (some will come from TS2010, some are already installed in T:ANE, some will need to be downloaded from the DLS and some will need to be replaced.

Firstly, confirm that this is a route that has been saved at least once from TS2010. If it is actually from an older version, and has never been re-saved, then it might not work in T:ANE.

You should try the same procedure with an asset that isn't a route. If that also fails then you likely have to submit a support ticket.

Using the CDP method, I tried a small Object. It worked. I tried a different, much smaller, Route. It worked. Desperate, I thought of saving the Route with a different name. Just as I was about to do that, your comment about "Saving" the file came to mind. I moved a small object and saved the Route and exited. I went back in, added a tree, did a SaveAs: TampaPort. Then I did the CDP transfer and VIOLA! it's there in TANE.

Tons of missing dependencies, but I can, over time, DL them. Thanks for the clue. Working with Trainz often brings to mind Bob Segers Night Moves:

Out past the cornfields where the woods got heavy
Out in the back seat of my '60 Chevy
Workin' on mysteries without any clues
Thanks again,

ecco

Quick update. After DL'ing the missing dependencies, I looked at my route and was very pleased with the result of the transfer. There were only a few problems. Some assets were no longer available and were indicated by a red box. I was unable to delete them. The only way I could get rid of them was to copy a small blank baseboard and paste it onto the red boxes. Worked well.

The most annoying problem was that everything had a washed out look. I compared the Trainz 2010 version with the Tane version and the difference was very apparent. I scanned the web for solutions and came across N3V's utube on Setting the Environment. In the past I hardly ever fiddled with these settings. I didn't change the settings when I did the transfer. Apparently 2010's interpretations of the RGB dial settings is different than TANE's interpretations. After viewing the video, I made some adjustments and Tampa Port looks looks great again.

ecco

Back