PLassenger Service - Time To Try?

boleyd

For the several years of using Trainz I never paid any attention to passenger service. So, it is time to give it a go. As is usual some assets are obsolete and waste time trying to make them work. It would be nice if there was a free route that had passenger service that works under the latest TANE. Then I would have a base to work from. With no prior experience, I need a recommendation.
Dick

For the several years of using Trainz I never paid any attention to passenger service. So, it is time to give it a go. As is usual some assets are obsolete and waste time trying to make them work. It would be nice if there was a free route that had passenger service that works under the latest TANE. Then I would have a base to work from. With no prior experience, I need a recommendation.
Dick

Try Rosworth Vale, I have not used the latest version my self but I do know an earlier version was passenger enabled. It is on the DLS and I think all the dependencies are too.

Cheers,
Bill69

Using only AI. Version-89566
Ok found that there are several platform/track sizes, etc. Install a 60m platform in my route.
Found that the Unload Passengers rule also Loads Passengers. Ran a single PRR coach and people magically disappeared and reappeared.
Add two coaches, train stopped for first coach at the proper place, but did not auto-advance position for unloading/loading the other two coaches.

Should I expect the train to advance to allow each coach to be properly positioned at the platform?

Last edited:
Middleton for laytops is simple and has three different types of passengers well if you consider sheep and cattle as passengers.

Cheerio John

No, real trains never move when passengers load or unload.

Not true. If the train is especially long & it's a short platform, then yes, the train will move during loading & unloading. Not while people are actively stepping off the train. Amtrak does this regularly, they'll stop the train with the sleepers on the platform, load/unload; then move the train down to unload coaches.

Which is more what boleyd is describing. HOWEVER, boleyd, Trainz doesn't care where the passenger cars are when loading. If the train has passenger cars & is loading at a station then ALL the cars will be loaded regardless of where they are in the consist.

peter

In my experience (small stations in the back of beyond) you are told to get to front/back carriages in order to get off at some stations. I have a small station in the mountains which serves an upper class hideaway resort. It is of course served by the trans-continent expresses. Only the first two coaches will fit the short platform, but that is fine - they are both first-class only. So it goes.

No matter how long my passerger train is, ALL people are "unloaded" and "loaded" at the same time.
Some go in, some come out.

You can see that by activating the green bars above the train.

Nice option to control (when needed) if everything goes well with passenger AND freight trains.

:)

Back