Cranes by Majekear

Status
Not open for further replies.

PARAILFAN

This post is for the content creater Majekear. Really love the work that you do on your cranes, gondolas, boxcars, hoppers, and everything else. But enough is enough and I have to say something here. Why do you need to keep re-doing the same models and kuid#'s over and over? Some of them have been redone 4 or 5 times. I'm about ready to stop wasting time and DLS bandwidth limits downloading your stuff because I know you'll post another version of it in a few days. Can't it be done right the first time?

I think you're being overly rude here. Majekear is one of the best and oldest reskinners around here. If he's redoing versions, it's probably to bring his older work up to TANE standards. Calling him out like this is not very tactful. If you don't like his work, don't download it and you won't have the problems with all the updates. I, for one, welcome all of his work here and am always pleased with it.

I think you're being overly rude here. Majekear is one of the best and oldest reskinners around here. If he's redoing versions, it's probably to bring his older work up to TANE standards. Calling him out like this is not very tactful. If you don't like his work, don't download it and you won't have the problems with all the updates. I, for one, welcome all of his work here and am always pleased with it.
No sir, I'm not being overly rude. I held back on saying anything about this for along time and he's been doing it for years. What did I just say above? Did I say I didn't like his work? No I did not. Your response is untrue, because there are items that have only come out a few weeks ago and they have been updated 4 to 5 times already. So no, they are not older work that is being updated. Think before answering.

Majekear can upload whatever he wants. If you don't like them, you don't have to download them. If you want, you can also sort your download content not to show Cranes or however you want, and you won't be bothered by them.

Updates may occur due to bugs being found in content as well. He uploaded then found that something wasn't right so he fixed them and uploaded.

Updates may have been because he had the older versions kicking around on his hard drive and decided to send them assets up to the DLS, then decided to update them.

Updates maybe because the CRG is repairing them

Updates are a good thing. At least the content is being updated so when and if Trainz 20xxxxxx, whatever version that will be, comes out the assets will work and not be those on the list that the CRG needs to revisit again, or the content creator himself needs to repair and update again.

What you don't want to do is discourage content creators from uploading their content to the DLS. If they choose to put the content elsewhere, we run in to that infamous mess of missing and or scattered dependencies.

So yeah I agree you are being rude.

This post is for the content creater Majekear. Really love the work that you do on your cranes, gondolas, boxcars, hoppers, and everything else. But enough is enough and I have to say something here. Why do you need to keep re-doing the same models and kuid#'s over and over? Some of them have been redone 4 or 5 times. I'm about ready to stop wasting time and DLS bandwidth limits downloading your stuff because I know you'll post another version of it in a few days. Can't it be done right the first time?

Whether or not intentional, your comments come off as unnecessary and fairly rude. Majekear has spent who knows how many thousands of hours creating/reskinning excellent content, given it to us for free, and you are complaining that he updates his content to new and better standards?

There are many reasons why creators would update their content, i.e., update to next version of Trainz/fix bugs etc. You are implying you want him to stop updating his content, which he has every right to do so, and you want him to not continue making his art?

Even I have a few skins on the DLS I'd like to update, and I even once updated a reskin literally minutes after I initially uploaded (lol).

Would you really want to be responsible for driving away a content creator because you don't want to download new versions? Like John said, he could stop uploading to the DLS and then we'd have those issues like missing deps/broken content etc.

No one is forcing you to download anything. You can even stick with the older versions if you like. :)

But yes, I'd have to agree with John and BN1970, you are acting rather rude :(

Cheers,
TrainzPlayer14

Me, I'm just very grateful to any Contents Creator (or re-skinner) that uploads anything to the DLS that is still Version 3.5

Keep up the great work Sir.

Cheers, Mac...

LOL! Sometimes I find stuff wrong with something I've made and I'll correct it and upload an updated version... sometimes I won't....:p

Given the number of assets parailfan has uploaded he can not be considered to have anything valid to say.

People who don't create content have no idea of the hundreds or even thousands of things that can possibly go wrong when you make an asset.

People who don't create content have no idea of the hundreds or even thousands of things that can possibly go wrong when you make an asset.

.. and Murphy's Law dictates that you will not discover all those mistakes until after you have uploaded the asset to the DLS - several times to boot.

I use a filter on my CM to automatically locate and display any asset updates for those I already have on my system. This allows me to download them when I want rather that while I am trying to "play" Trainz. I often notice that many of the updates have high build numbers (e.g. 2:xxxx:yyyyy:56 etc) meaning that they have, theoretically at least, been through a very large number of "updates" not all of which, admittedly, would have left their creators HD.

Davesnow I have noticed also things can go wrong on just reskining some thing, let alone making something from scratch.

As for Majekear making things, I think you can never have enough of anything. And hope he still making stuff forever.

WOW... Really? Just saw this... Get a First Class Ticket and a Real Internet Connection.... And get over it. (or delete all his content)

I write computer programs and have hundreds of updates and patches, you build it, test it, then give it to the real world, and something is wrong, so you remake it, and re-upload it, then need to make it work better for a different version, and at some point it becomes perfect (never), for that version. You never seem to be able to get it that real world perfect, so you keep creating, modifying, and perfecting your product. You don't think Windows is on it's 10th version, and it has monthly updates for nothing do you?

To complain that the author is creating too many updates is just ludicrous. You should be thankful.

I write computer programs and have hundreds of updates and patches, you build it, test it, then give it to the real world, and something is wrong, so you remake it, and re-upload it, then need to make it work better for a different version, and at some point it becomes perfect (never), for that version. You never seem to be able to get it that real world perfect, so you keep creating, modifying, and perfecting your product. You don't think Windows is on it's 10th version, and it has monthly updates for nothing do you?

This argument also applies to all the "Here We Go Again ..." hate threads whenever a new version of Trainz is released or there are rumours of a new release.

The Content Repair Group has repaired some of Majekear's assets with his full knowledge. Most of those assets, if not all, were updated to TB 3.5. I know he has been repairing others.

Changes to the CM and DLS validation have made many DLS asset either faulty or showing errors. Repairing those assets to current validation standards is a responsible action and benefits all DLS Trainz users.

The content made by Majekear, and many other creators, is a complex and time consuming process. Mistakes do occur. Some of us might use a quality control process such as another user to test, but I suspect most of us do not.

The comments by PARAILFAN are obnoxious and should not be tolerated. Comments such as these are one of the reasons why valued content creators are leaving Trainz.

If PARAILFAN doesn't offer an immediate apology for his remarks then I am happy to report the original post and hope other sensible Trainz users do also.

You Sir are in Violation!!!

... As I just now did Pcas1986 and JCitron!

PARAILFAN :mop: You are in violation!!! If not of Forum Conduct Policy; of common decency as a human being! :(

I actually look forward to Majekear's latest additions of crane and tender cars... there's not a RR prototype we all model, Majekear hasn't made a fine crane and tender for! And I certainly welcome his many "redo's"! That shows good quality control on his part. I want his fine reskins of DaveSnow's crane and tender cars to look, and work as fine as they can be!

Making rude comment's about a CC does not sit well with us... ! :(

Last edited:
I also have reported the OP's post. There is no reason to behave in such a rude manner to such a well respected and well known content creator.

Sure, being a knob isn't fine, but tattling to the Mods? Exactly which rule of the CoC is he in violation of? Potentially hurting someone's feelings?

Sure, being a knob isn't fine, but tattling to the Mods? Exactly which rule of the CoC is he in violation of? Potentially hurting someone's feelings?
Yep. I believe that one's rants will receive the appropriate community response without having to elevate such to higher authorities.

I don't think that the class needs to get the teacher involved in this issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back