Hyperloop - London to Edinburgh?

Neat article. A definite proof of concept experiment. Be interesting to follow the progress. I'll be highly surprised if it doesn't work. Its the expansion to practicality I question.

Something like this on the moon is nothing new. I've been a Sci Fi fan for 60 years. High speed overhead monorails on the moon have been (conceptually) around sine the 50's (and probably the 40's). They are quite a workable concept since (as pware said) the vacuum is free.

Ben

Think about this gents:
1. How do you make a switch on one of these?
2. How do you maintain a vacuum in a tube 8, 10, or 12 ft in diameter and 100 miles long?
3. How do you get folks in and out (airlocks)?
4. What about propulsion (my guess would be linear induction motors)?

This thing would be great on the moon since no tube would be required. Just make it a very high speed overhead monorail. On earth - more of a publicity stunt I think.

Ben

Yeah, because Elon Musk needs the publicity... The bloke has precedent for doing the unthinkable. What was PayPal/Internet banking before him? Consumer space travel?

He's the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_FyOBCVGWE

No need to be pessimistic. He picks apart his own ideas first.

And he has permission to build a Hyperloop between DC and NY. Even if it doesn't work, what's the harm in trying?

Jamie

There is only 1 thing that is impossible! That is your own ability to imagine something, once you have imagined it then it is just a matter of time before the mathematical equation is there to create whatever you have imagined,
All things comes from the fabric of space therefor imagining is the beginning of the future that is there waiting to be created,,,,
steve123

There is only 1 thing that is impossible! That is your own ability to imagine something, once you have imagined it then it is just a matter of time before the mathematical equation is there to create whatever you have imagined,
All things comes from the fabric of space therefor imagining is the beginning of the future that is there waiting to be created,,,,
steve123

I just can't imagine myself winning the jackpot on the National Lottery!!

Rob.

Funny enough Rob somebody wins it every time it is drawn, it is your own inability to imagine that limits your true potential however your past will dictat your future,,,,

You must clear all doing of the past in order to make the path smooth,,,,

For every seed that is sown brings fourth our destiny grasshopper,
He who has an ear let him hear the truth of what is said, to see is not to hear, but to hear first is to turn and see far more!

steve123

Utter Cobblers! Please don't bother to reply! You sound like one of those utterley boring 'born again christian' types!

Last edited:
Back