Problems with track sound

Hey guys I'm having a problem with the barber and the s2 trucks after my latest database repair. When I click on the trainz 12 icon, it gets the boot up screen. Then I click start and it performs a database repair. After 2hr of repairs it loads the routes page and it shows it with the routes that come installed with the game, I freaked out a bit cause i though I lost 200gb of trainz stuff, then I clicked the star and all my routes show, anyway getting back on course here, now my train cars with the s2 or barber trucks won't produce any track sound on any track. I've deleted the assets and reinstalled them. But then they come up as modified. Then I load ed the game again went to routes and it froze, so I'm had to ctrl,alt,delete restart my pc. Then I click the game agian went to routes and still froze. Restarted the pc agian clicked the trainz icon, boot screen pops up. Clicked start and it performs a database repair. 2hr later went to routes didn't freeze this time. Went to the Ozark route I have. Went into driver mode at low and behold the trucks still don't make any sounds. I went as far as adding a track sound to the tracks and still won't work. please help I don't want to reinstall the game.

It sounds like you do need to run a manual database repair and then do a bit of clean up afterwards.

Go into Content Manager
Choose File, and then Quick Database repair.

The process isn't so quick as it's more of a check of the database rather than a full repair, which is an Extended Database Repair.

The process can and will take a long time to run so It's recommended you run this overnight, or when you'll not be tempted to use your computer because you want to give as much computer resources as you can to the process.

When the process is completed, you need to check your content.

1) Check for anything open for edit. Revert this content
2) Check for Faulty assets:

You will see errors. Don't panic!

Select the content - press CTRL+A to select it all.
Right-click and choose View Errors and Warnings.

The errors will go away, or should. If you have any remaining faulty content you do need to repair or replace these assets.

Once all this is completed, shutdown Content Manager and wait about 5-minutes.
Reboot your computer.
Restart TS12.

----

Why did this occur?

A random faulty database is a rare event, and can happen if there are underlying hardware faults such as a failing hard disk or some other system problem. The most likely cause of the errors is due to not waiting long enough to shutdown TS12.

How to know when it's safe to shutdown TS12?

- At the Launcher, go to Settings...
- Click on the Developer Tab
- Check the box to show database process console windows (Something to this affect - I don't have TS12 or any Trainz version on this computer so I can't check the exact wording).
- Once checked, exit the screen and run TS12 from the Launcher.

Anyway. With this option enabled, you will notice two small command prompts (DOS windows) in your taskbar. These are the database processes running, and can be quite useful to watch if you are having problems. For our use here, however, we simply want to see if they are running or not. When you shutdown TS12, they will continue to run then shutdown. When they shutdown, it's safe to shutdown or restart your computer.

In the future, could you break up your post into multiple paragraphs or lines? That was very difficult to read.

Back