Path Rule in T:ANE

RolandSura

Hello friends,

I´m playing trainz about 10 years and I used mutton´s Path rule. But in TANE few errors occured.

What can be problem ? Please.

Roland Sura.

hm9MeiJ.png

GirYGv7.png

Q9Oapwa.png

waRH5K3.png

Interlocking towers is the new path selection tool. Enhanced Interlocking Tower by Pguy is the replacement for the old path rule.

Interlocking towers has many mistakes... I dont like it because signal which is END for one path cannot be START for another path and more and more :(

As paulper has said use the Enhanced Interlocking Tower by Pguy. I have this set to run through several signal blocks where the last signal is also the first signal.

Ok... I will try it. Thanks guys... is there an option that if I have one path activated other paths from opposite side can be blocked?

The path will only allow the controlling train on the path. In the case of paths crossing you can add external objects like signals to stop trains from crossing until the path is clear.

Not crossint.... I mean opposite side... for example... train A go from station A to station B.... train B go from station B to station A.... inetrstation track is about 5 kilometers and divided into 4 pieces by signals in both directions... i need when train A has path train B must have blocked path too... but interlocking towers sets both paths simultaneously for both trains .... train A and B meets together between stations.... I need prevent this situation.... BUT signals I have 100 % good because regulation of Slovak railways... i try to find video animation if you dont understand me... :)

Hi RolandSura

If one tower controls both ends of the single line section then it will have two paths, A to B and B to A. Only one path can be active at a time so it should prevent trains entering from both ends at once.

If you set the path up so that it isn't cleared until the train has completed the whole path then the situation that you describe shouldn't happen. I believe that is the default setup for the EITs.

Regards

Brian

Thanks for your reply...but you dont understand me ... I need something like this... if there is no train between 2 stations, you can go... if there is a train between 2 stations which has the same direction like we do - we can follow him to a next station ... BUT If there is a train between 2 stations (or 2 or more trains) which has opposite direction (facing towards us) we need to WAIT until the track between stations is clear ...

Hmmmm

You can set up a Track Circuit Block between the two points (stations in your example). The EIT configuration includes options for checking the TCB. When checked, if there is a train within the TCB the requested path will be denied until the TCB becomes clear.

Thanks for your reply...but you dont understand me ... I need something like this... if there is no train between 2 stations, you can go... if there is a train between 2 stations which has the same direction like we do - we can follow him to a next station ... BUT If there is a train between 2 stations (or 2 or more trains) which has opposite direction (facing towards us) we need to WAIT until the track between stations is clear ...

Hmmmm

Hi RolandSura.
Currently neither ITs or EITs supports what you are asking for. When a path is granted for a train, the train has exclusive ownership of this path and no other train can be granted the same path or any other conflicting path before the initial path is released.
Adding path sharing for several trains following each other in the same direction is something that can be looked at for EITs but will need many changes in the underlying script code and is certainly a long term enhancement.

But may I observe that Mutton's path rule or Brumfondel's path rule did not also support path sharing ...

Regards.
Pierre.

Interlocking towers has many mistakes... I dont like it because signal which is END for one path cannot be START for another path and more and more :(

Hi. That is not exact : Interlocking towers supports that a path exit signal is also an entry signal for another path as long as both paths belong to the same tower. EITs does not have this restriction and accepts that a path exit signal can be an entry signal for another path in the same or another tower.

regards.
Pierre.

Hi again

What you want to do can be done by using two variables, one to indicate when the section is occupied and the other to indicate the direction of travel. You will also need the following conditional driver commands, all by trev999 and on the DLS.

Insert Buff Label kuid:160293:101002
Set S-Variable kuid2:160293:101005:5
Wait Until S-variable V3 kuid2:160293:101006:3
Skip if session-variable kuid2:160293:101014:3
Jump to Label kuid2:160293:101003:2

The Input Table rule, which is built in, needs to be added to the session.

If you look at the description for these rules and commands in CM they explain how to use them.

If this is of interest to you, PM me your email address and I'll put together a short demo route and session to illustrate how it all goes together.

Regards

Brian

Kennilworth

I would be very thankful if you could do demo route with the commands and rules which you mentioned.

I'll take a look at it on monday because I am not at the PC right now.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Roland

I'll put the demo together this weekend and email it to you. Can I suggest that you remove your email address from your last post otherwise you may be inundated by spam.

Regards

Brian

OK... thanks for everything... can you post demo route here in thread? It can help to other users with same problem...

Roland

Kennilworth,

big thanks for everything ! It works ! :) But I have other problem which I dont have on my mind before :( Trains goes from station A to B with PERFECT token (thanks :) ) but what if in station B is track4 occupied? Train stops in first station signal and try set path to track 4 which is occupied. Train in track4 waits for variable tok0 = 0. And this is check-mate. Is there any solution for this ? :D when train try to set path into station, can veryfi which track is free and which is occupied ? And I need that train set first free track... thank you very much.

Back