Path Rule in T:ANE

Hi Roland

If there is more than one possible track when leaving the single line section you could use other variables (one for each track) to indicate if a track is occupied. A train entering that track would set its variable to 1. When it leaves that track it sets the variable back to 0. When the train in the single line section is approaching the end you could then use the conditional commands to find an empty track to use.

This block of commands should be put into the Schedule Library and inserted into the commands of any train that uses that section of track.

e.g. for 4 possible exit tracks you would arrange the driver commands like this:

Skip to label 1 if track1 =1
Set variable track1 to 1
Set path into track 1
Autodrive to/through trackmark xx
Jump to Label 5

Label1
Skip to label 2 if track2 = 1
Set variable track2 to 1
Set path into track 2
Jump to Label 5

Label2
Skip to label 3 if track3 = 1
Set variable track3 to 1
Set path into track 3
Jump to Label 5

Label3
Skip to label 4 if track4 = 1
Set variable track4 to 1
Set path into track 4
Jump to Label 5

Label 4
Drive to Trackmark xx (this trackmark would be placed before the signal controlling the exit from the single line section)
Wait for 1 minute
Insert above code again

Label 5

I've put the spaces in to make it clearer but obviously they won't be in the driver command list.

The commands in Label 4 will only be executed if all 4 tracks are occupied and the whole section of code will be repeated until a track becomes available.

When the train leaves the selected track remember to set the appropriate variable back to 0

Another possible solution could be to use P Guys Drive to Trackmark List v2 which I believe is built in but I haven't tried this as I prefer to use Enhanced Interlocking Towers for path setting wherever possible.

If you have any questions then please ask.

Regards

Brian

Last edited:
Hi jomabo3

Yes. I'm using it to control the single line sections on the Powder River Basin route in conjunction with the Enhanced Interlocking Towers and Mission Codes by pguy.

Regards

Brian

Back