Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American Intermodal

Australia, South Australia, Christie Downs

Hi Vince,
    The Mijacks are on three separate ramps with a space between them, on the one track. There is a bypass track on one side that allows me to move wagons on and off the ramps.
    I tried in the early days to run a number on the one track but was not really successful.
    You could modify American Intermodal so that it has 2 Mijacks working by splitting the track at the middle ramp and placing the end units on each track, leaving space between for access, then install the mid ramp units in those tracks. You would also need to have two truck tracks feeding the ramps.
    I also like to watch the switchers busily working and I cantake control of one if I want
    The direction of the wagons when you push on decides which way the Mijack works. It will always go to the lead wagon first.
    Cheers,
    Mike

OK, I improved all containers to facing them to north (in JR's American Intermodal layout), so that's the same orientation they should be spotted on truck. This time MiJack really (finally!!) starts unloading from the first wellcar. It's still interestering that at the moment when crane grabs container, it turns about 180 degrees, but after spotting on truck container is oriented OK again.

Since this configuration MiJack continues with unloading cars well. He even loaded first truck, so he could leave the yard. Only one small fault is that some trucks don't wait to be loaded by crane and left yard empty. Maybe some impatient drivers don't want to very shy crane operator, who still thinking which wellcar will be next :-)... But seriously, we are know Trainz is not perfect and this is very small bug.

Now it's time for trying to set some AI trains operations and try more containers and cars which are not included in JR's AI pack.
    Latest Trainz: TS12, SP1, Hotfix 4, Build 61388

Vince

Always a smug sense of satisfaction when it finally works
    He says, "A Womans place is in the home". She says "A Mans place is in the wrong!"

Yes, it is. And it's also thank to you and Mike and your advices, that I didn't delete this route .
    Latest Trainz: TS12, SP1, Hotfix 4, Build 61388