Is the Navigate To Command bug still active & spreading to other Drive To Commands?

guywhite

Is the Navigate To Command bug still active & spreading to other Drive To Commands?

Hi everyone, I'm running TANE SP2 Build 88364.

Over the last two weeks while I've been on holiday I've been continuing to build a route that I've been working on for over three years now. All was going fine, I would build a little bit & save it then continue building again. At the end of each day I would drive the route to make sure everything was working alright.

Then all of a sudden on Sunday after saving my work for the umpteenth time that day I returned to find that the last save had not saved to the route even though it went through the saving process. First I thought I must have saved it to the Sessions Layer by mistake as it was the end of a long days building and it was getting late and I was getting tired so I went into the Layers tab and merged the route with the layer but still no updated route appeared!

Although frustrated, it was only the last hour of work that was missing so I switched off Tane & my PC & went to bed. The next morning I returned to my route & rebuilt the missing part again & saved it. All appeared fine until I gave it a test run & that's when I found that for the first time ever my Navigate To Command would not work, it just read 'Caching menu options, please wait'. I waited for a full hour but nothing happened! I ran Rebuild Database, I checked for faulty assets & errors but none showed up, I ran Delete Missing Assets but still no joy. The normal Drive/Navigate To Commands are working fine and even the new track marks that I added that morning were working alright I just couldn't get my trains to go to a station or industry!

So I looked through the forums for some guidance and found that I was not the only one having this problem. However some people have found using different commands has solved the problem so I tried the commands that they recommended but to no avail!

I tried the following commands:

Call at, Drive To Industry, DriveToStation v2, NavigateToStation v2. Although these appear in the Edit Session Commands List & QuickDrive menu & are ticked they did not appear in the menu when driving the route.

Navigate To & Drive To commands both read 'Caching menu options, please wait'

Although this route began life in TS12 it was successfully transported into Tane where I continued building it through SP1 & SP2. I had no previous problems until Sunday even though I have been continually building my route regularly & running it. I take it by the reports on the forums that this bug has been reported & will be hopefully fixed in the next Hotfix?

Until then any help with getting around the problem of not being able to get my trains to go to stations & industries would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Guy.

Have you updated those commands as new ones for Tane have been released. Tane tends to forget a lot of things when it loads so needs a database repair. I have got used to doing this before I launch trainz just in case.

The "Caching Menu Options Please wait... " message is a bug and has been fixed in the upcoming Hot Fix 1.

Thank you for your reply stagecoach, yes I have the latest versions for tane & I do regular database repairs always best to keep things up to date as much as possible. Looks like my problem may be fixed in the next Hot Fix so will just have to be patient & wait & see.

Guy

Guy - You said: "even the new track marks that I added that morning were working alright ".

What may have happened is that you added just a few too many trackmarks to the route.
Those driver commands may now be throwing an exception (red bug). You may not be seeing it because in SP2 there is an option to turn the exception messages off.

In Launcher > Trainz Settings > Dev ensure that the second check box is ticked - Show script exception notifications.
Run the session again. If you see a red bug then try deleting some trackmarks. This may allow the driver commands to work again.

Trevor

Thank you for your reply Trevor, I followed your instructions & I did get one red bug but it was for a mesh error on a class 08 shunter. I have removed the shunter & there are no further bugs but the problem that I cannot get my trains to visit stations or industries still remains. It is weird, it's not that I've added anything I already didn't have on my route when this problem occurred so I don't know why this is happening. I guess I will just have to wait & see if the new Hot Fix will fix the problem.

Guy

Glad that I am not the only one with this problem! Any word when this Hotfix is coming? It's just sad to see the trains sitting in the middle of nowhere, not knowing where to go!

Navigate to and Drive to caching menu options

Looks like the problem is spreading.

Schedule layer- Driver rules - Navigate to / drive to were working fine Sept 19th, Sept 20th on opening Driver rules-edit, I am getting the Caching menu options please wait.

This isn't a problem that was there with the 88364 build, but something has changed in prod as I haven't added any industries in last week.

This has stopped my development as these are key driver rules for ops.

Looks like the problem is spreading.

Schedule layer- Driver rules - Navigate to / drive to were working fine Sept 19th, Sept 20th on opening Driver rules-edit, I am getting the Caching menu options please wait.

This isn't a problem that was there with the 88364 build, but something has changed in prod as I haven't added any industries in last week.

This has stopped my development as these are key driver rules for ops.

Any script or add-on which interfaces with the driver-commands, will have this issue including the Schedule Library.

In the meantime, which should be very short now, you can place track marks near your industries and have your AI drivers navigate to those. You'll then have to manually load your trains at the industries though.

Having those trackmarks isn't a waste of time though and have worked out quite well for other things such as spotting empties on the siding, etc.

Back