Where are the portals

wombat20

Just bought Columbia River. There does not seem to be any portals which means train gets to end of track and that's it. What am I doing wrong????

Just bought Columbia River. There does not seem to be any portals which means train gets to end of track and that's it. What am I doing wrong????

I think Roy uses the unportal and not the regular portals on his routes.

John, Thanks for your help but I need more help. What do you mean???? I see that you can drive to a marker called EastUnPortal but I cannot work out where to find the instruction to drive into the portal.

If Unportal is being used, driving to the trackmark using Drive to Trackmark or Navigate to Trackmark should be sufficient as the session rule should take care of the rest if it's set to consume the train.

Shane

Thanks Shane. I assumed that it could work that way but all that happens is it goes to the mark and stops. If I have instructed that it goes somewhere else after it returns from the supposed portal all it does is go to the mark then goes backward as if the task is completed.

Sounds like the Unportals are only set to produce trains in that case so it may be one to ask the route creator about.

Shane

You're not doing anything wrong.
Roy's CPR routes have end-of-track markers in the route layer that are suggestively called EastUnportal, SouthUnPortal, etc, but they're just trackmarks. These trackmarks are followed by a couple of Invisible Signals.
Session builders can use these trackmarks as they see fit, ostensibly for placing an UnPortal asset or any other type of portal. In some of the sessions exiting trains just Drive to or via EastUnPortal trackmark, and will come to a stop gracefully because of the Invisible Signals before being removed with the Delete Train command.
UnPortal-2 assets produce a train in one go, so must be placed at least one train length from the end of track. That's why some of the sessions have trackmarks EastUnPortal-2 etc in the session layer. I must counsel against letting these UnPortal-2 assets also consume trains, because in my experience they'll consume a newly emitted train as well. Don't get me going on the "bag of hurt" that's the use of portals in TANE...

Ron I edited my own then ran it to see how long one end to the west to south then sent one to east where I discovered dead end. In all honesty I am going back to TANE because at the moment I find it more interesting in what I [computer dumb] can do. Feel it was a waste of $40 but that's life.
Wal

If this is the TS12 version, you can easily edit the route and put regular portals on an attached baseboard. I don't consider the route a waste of money. Roy did a ton of work on those routes and there's some truly beautiful scenery on it to drive through.

Back