Thread: A Recent Health Event

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Default A Recent Health Event

So I'm Epileptic and last night I had a seizure. Unfortunately, I couldn't get much sleep last night due to my arm hurting like h---. This morning I had my mom check my arm and see if I broke a bone in it or something else. She told me that I had a few tight muscles; then came the shoulder, and things changed. She felt it, then felt my left shoulder. The right shoulder didn't feel right. So me and my dad went to the ER. Fortunately, there was no one else in the waiting room ahead of us, so we got to see the doctor pretty quick. After a few X-Rays, it was discovered that I had a dislocated shoulder. So, pretty much three hours, fifteen minutes after getting there, we were walking out the door. I now have my right arm restrained in a pair of Velcro cuffs, one at the wrist and one above the elbow, which are Velcroed to belt with Velcro on it. I now have full movement in only my left arm, which is something I need to get used to for a while. Now tomorrow's Railfest at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum (TVRM) and come h--- or high water, I'M GOING! I've also already got two tickets to the event, anyway, so I'm not going to waste those $50.00 I spent on the tickets. Another reason why I've got to go is that my dad submitted three pictures he took at the TVRM to them to possibly be featured in their annual calendar, and one of them will, in fact, be featured in their calendar. Because of this the TVRM has asked us to be at their Grand Junction Depot at 9:00 for a special presentation/unveiling of the calendar. So, even if I end up in a wheelchair, I'M STILL GOING!
    Failure is always an option - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Have a great Day. You got the spirit and mindset right I think. Things got complicated, your dealt with it and still want to make a wish happening, I like that thinking! :-)

Wish you the best Day and best of luck with the healing of the arm.

Linda

Ditto on that , Enjoy your day on the Rail, better than be laid up in bed,,,,,,,Safe Travels and get better soon........

Our cams will be on YouTube to watch the event this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WObcixyOIo

Enjoy.

United States of America, Chattanooga, Tennessee

Sorry to hear about you having an seizure and
    my best friend Michaela always has seizures

btw I was at TVRM for railfest and I go every year
    - Micah

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnumProvident155 View Post
    Sorry to hear about you having an seizure and
    my best friend Michaela always has seizures

btw I was at TVRM for railfest and I go every year
    I've only missed Railfet just once. I normally go on Sundays instead of Saturdays because I work a full shift on Saturdays and I work a half-shift on Sundays. By going to Railfest on Sundays, I get a full days pay (by working on Saturday) instead of going on Saturday and only getting a half-shift pay (by working on Sundays). I just got back from Railfest a hour-and-a-half ago, so now I'm in the living room on my computer with The Weather Channel on, who are reporting on Hurricane Irma. I saw a lot of cars on Interstate 75 with Florida license plates heating north, with emergency vehicles heading south, into the eye of the storm (pun intended).

Blog Entries

Default UPDATE

Well I went to the doctor yesterday, and he said I have to wear this brace for two weeks before I go back to him. He'll then decide if I need to wear it for longer, if I can take it off, and if I do or don't need physical therapy. I might have to wear this brace for up to eight weeks. Last Friday, I suggested to my Mom to have my Grammy (my mom's mom) come down and 'take care of poor old me.' She (my mom) said no, adding that 'she would have a heart attack and die' from seeing the state of our house. My sister's coming up from Atlanta this weekend though, so I'll have someone here to help me out, if I need it.