track layout

Redalert

Hello !! I love trainz. Been playing since the start. Am now 67 and loved my 1955 Lionel Trains (was 2018 Steam Engine) dad attached to plywood and kept under the couch.
Sooo,, this is first time I posted here and sorry if not the right place. I am looking for a layout (once had but lost) where there are multi tracks all connected in a large loop. I was able to set up many track lights and the trains would run by themselves. I could drive one around when I wanted and stop for passengers then return to another station and just watch my many trains go by. Kickstarter is in the type I am looking for but would like more then 2 tracks so I can run fast express trains around. Plenty of scenery is great and some side routes to run to remote passenger/freight stops a plus. Will be very happy to be able to obtain such a layout. I think the one I lost was maybe called Alpine with single track double looped, but with newer computer want the big route now.
Any help would be great but will need some directions to download and install on my Trainz ANE purchased via STEAM but I also have Trainz 2017. All my children have moved far away so I need to figure out myself how to get a new layout on my PC.
Thanks for you time to read this and will be very happy so see if there are any ideas for me to look at from you all.
Best Regards
Alan

Hi Alan.
May I suggest you try Billington by Driver_Col. It is UK based but I think it has what you are looking for.
Cheers Bob

Hi Bob, it took a day to download but you did pick a great layout for me. I almost called in sick to work so I can run trains on it. Thanks pointing me to this.
Was there a way you are able to preview this layout or did you just stumble upon it? A big thanks to you and let me know of any others like this.
Regards
Alan

If you filter on Author Driver_Col on the dls, you will discover some more gems of similar quality. For US routes, msgsapper has produced several with many accompanying sessions. You could also take a look at the various Interconnected Routes and sessions by author guilliamsyves. They have a good mix of passenger and freight traffic going on.
Regards,
John

Hi Alan.
As John (Vostrail) mentioned, Colin has other gems.

I have the following, which are all interesting.

Roseworth Vale (Rev 1) – 2 track with lots of interest.

Leeds to Sheffield (Rev 3) – end to end, 4 track most of the way. Has many industries and yards to keep it very interesting.

Billinton – mentioned initially because I am currently adding more trains to the session using Enhanced Interlocking Towers and Mission Code Manager.

Tristyn and District - has just been updated. Plenty to keep you interested.

Handy Link for Colin’s routes:- https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?140905-Driver_Col-Routes!

Thanks Colin for all your hard work.

Cheers Bob

Hi Again, I happen to stumble on the layout I had a long time ago. It is called Alpinetown. Not up to today's detail that I see but this was what I wanted.
Please suggest any others you think I would like as I just cannot see how I can preview a layout without downloading it first.
Regards
Alan

Hi Again, I happen to stumble on the layout I had a long time ago. It is called Alpinetown. Not up to today's detail that I see but this was what I wanted.
Please suggest any others you think I would like as I just cannot see how I can preview a layout without downloading it first.
Regards
Alan

Hi Alan,

If you are looking for a really good layout, nicely detailed Australian theme, with a dozen different trains, passenger and freight, all running continuously,... without any missing assets,....

then I suggest you download from the DLS oldguy's <kuid:170283:100700> Layout #1 - Ambi - Route and <kuid:170283:100701> Layout #1 - Ambi - Session

Cheers mate,
Roy

Hi Alan,

If you are looking for a really good layout, nicely detailed Australian theme, with a dozen different trains, passenger and freight, all running continuously,... without any missing assets,....

then I suggest you download from the DLS oldguy's <kuid:170283:100700> Layout #1 - Ambi - Route and <kuid:170283:100701> Layout #1 - Ambi - Session

Cheers mate,
Roy

Hello Roy,
Excellent suggestion. I purchased a download ticket and got it in just a few minutes. (Never used the ticket before, they all expired).
This made me very happy. I also just park myself anyplace and watch the trains go by. These type of closed loop tracks are my favorite as they remind me of playing with my Lionel set back in the early 50's.
I wonder if Alpinetown was ever updated like was done with Kickstarter, am keeping my eyes open.
Once again, a big thanks Roy, and please send me any other suggestions you may have.
Regards
Alan

Wow, excellent. This is the best I have seen. Trains even make stops. This is a work of art and a lot of work was done here.
All I need is to get some passengers to wait at the stations and board the trains. Am looking into doing this.

Hi Alan.
As John (Vostrail) mentioned, Colin has other gems.

I have the following, which are all interesting.

Roseworth Vale (Rev 1) – 2 track with lots of interest.

Leeds to Sheffield (Rev 3) – end to end, 4 track most of the way. Has many industries and yards to keep it very interesting.

Billinton – mentioned initially because I am currently adding more trains to the session using Enhanced Interlocking Towers and Mission Code Manager.

Tristyn and District - has just been updated. Plenty to keep you interested.

Handy Link for Colin’s routes:- https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?140905-Driver_Col-Routes!

Thanks Colin for all your hard work.

Cheers Bob
Hi Bob - My pleasure. I love playing with my Routes just as much as some of you guys! For general info, I have just patched to TANE 90945 SP2, and have discovered a couple of train running issues in the Tristyn Route. These are being fixed and I would expect a revised Route to be uploaded to DLS in about a week. Regards. Colin.

Back