The Gramsby Line (LBSCR)

Hello everyone. I now have some really bad news. I'm having trouble trying to start this route. I can't find any suitable terminal buildings, the platforms are a mess, and everything is just discombobulated. In other words, I really need help. If anyone has tips, tricks, and/or information that can be helpful to route making, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry but I hate giving up on a route that I've been working on for awhile.

Take care everyone and stay awesome.

P.S. If you guys want me to stream on Twitch so that you can see me build the route, that would be helpful too.

I know what it's like, you have some good ideas for a layout, a couple of good stations and surrounds, then trying to link them up with just the right scenery, and the ideas stop. It's happened to me a few times, but I've found a way through it.

Download a few routes (you seem to like UK) mainly to get some fresh ideas. If there is nothing that sparks your imagination, then delete it. There are some great routes that have been created with a British flavour, just type in 'london' on the DLS and several routes come up.

I've used an 8 track terminus on a couple of layouts,.... <kuid2:1942:28174:3> Station_Terminus_8t which you may like.

Many times I've thought of quitting a layout, but then I feel I could do it better. So I do it again, and it is better.

It doesn't matter how many times you do things again, but each time, make it better. You'll be glad when you see it completed.

Cheers,
Roy

You start off with good intentions but it's easy to get overwhelmed by a route.
Getting from A to B with a lot of blank baseboard to fill in between the two points (stations) can be daunting.

I much prefer to detail and populate as I go rather than stretch too far into the distance.
I've abandoned a few routes for various reasons.........good luck with your new project.

Hello everyone. It seems that all my screenshots that I've posted since I've started in these forums were posted in hostthenpost. However, I have great news. I have restarted this route and it seems I've found a better method of making the route. I'll post screenshots when I feel I've put some progress in this new version of the route. Thank you for your patience and stay awesome.

A Brand New Gramsby Line

etagmev23

Hello everyone. I apologize that I haven't posted to these forums in awhile, but I've done some work on The Gramsby Line. Here are WIP screenshots of Dangarnon and Aempleforth. Feedback, comments, questions, and constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and stay awesome.

car112_20180817_0000.jpg

car112_20180817_0001.jpg

car112_20180817_0003.jpg

car112_20180817_0004.jpg

car112_20180817_0005.jpg

car112_20180817_0007.jpg

car112_20180817_0013.jpg

car112_20180817_0015.jpg

car112_20180817_0016.jpg

Back