Imperial Trainz Equipment WIP Screenshots

Really cool to see some FMG in trainz, nice one. I have 012 in HO
Personally, I favor Roy Hill. Even a guy from the low reaches of USA needs Australian Iron ore trains. I was working on a roy hill ES44ACi, actually painted as per proto, but ran into the whole problem of needing a larger radiator and extended frame via 3d print.

Its an Athearn model, I don't know if it was ever publicly released, my dad scored it as a gift as he worked up there for them. I can probably flick you a couple of reference pics if you want of the real locos? Are you doing mesh changes or just reskinning? One thing I picked up is the ditchlights should be mounted on the walkway not below and the door should have a little window in it.
We're doing full mesh changes to fit proto units. Both railroad-specific and region specific changes, such as teardrop windows to horns. For the moment, a lot of the skins are done so once we finish the model, we can just throw the skin on it. Same goes for brazilian-spec engines.

Small update to the Utah Belt Dash 9-44CW, with added nose stripes and the long hood logo. Gray still needs to be brightened and I need to finish painting the pilot still, will do that later. Also, this model with have a full Utah Belt light package added soon. One thing I'm not sure about is the nose stripes, would they look better extended to the edges of the nose or should they stop part of the way like they are now? I've seen models with both styles and I can't quite make up my mind, lol.

Cheers, NS2616

Gray still needs to be brightened and I need to finish painting the pilot still. Also, this model with have a full Utah Belt light package added soon. One thing I'm not sure about is the nose stripes, would they look better extended to the edges of the nose or should they stop part of the way like they are now? I've seen models with both styles and I can't quite make up my mind, lol.
Cheers, NS2616

The stripes look fine, and the gray looks like it matches the gray on JR's UB pack, but either way is good. This locomotive could almost be my last wish come true for trainz.:udrool:

Last edited:
Update on the UB Dash 9 and a comparison with some other Utah Belt units. I think the yellow should be brightened and and the gray a little bit. Thoughts?

Cheers, Nate

That gimme rising up say's release it as is. Even without the UB letters, that paint scheme is unforgettable IMO. But since you're going all the way with it, that could be one of the 3 possible skin's maybe?:Y:

Last edited:
Yup, the finished model's features will include:
-2 different versions, UB new scheme and UB old scheme
-New will have 2 weathering levels, and old will have 3
-Custom Cabview
-ARN
-SP style warning light

Cheers, ns2616

Do you guys accept reskin requests at all? you've got me thinking of something i saw a few years ago in an issue of Model Railroader.

I don't remember what issue it was, but it was one of Athearn's HO scale C44-9Ws or AC4400s done up in Great Northern Big Sky Blue. I always thought that looked nice on a late model freight engine like this, and was wondering if you'd consider that. I don't remember the roadnumbers though, but i'm sure checking Athearn's webpage for a reference would yield a few clues. If it was me i would have set the ARN numbering from 5101-5201. Yeah i know its a fictional scheme, but its always interesting to think about what fallen flag railroads might have done had they survived into the present day.

Yeah I can definitely do that, maybe not for the next release but the next one after that. Thanks for the suggestion!

cheers, ns2616

2plH9mr.jpg

pKJ9eCG.jpg

CSXT10, I've got some pictures that same CSX railcar if you'd like them. Close up shots and a few more normal views.

Back