Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Trainz Equipment WIP Screenshots

Blog Entries

Is there gonna be any up and csx yn2 yn3 and yn3b ac4400cws anytime soon jw trains does need more modern ac44 units it already has plenty of dash 9 lol

Quote Originally Posted by TrainzPlayer14 View Post
    Imperial Trainz Equipment has bought the full SRS Dash 9 3D model, and we have begun modifying it into a C44-9WM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ns2616 View Post
    We have plans to do more Utah Belt equipment like Dash 9s, SD60Ms, and rollingstock. In order to do the Great Pumpkin SD60M we will have to modify the SD60M into a double window SD60M, but that’s going to happen sometime soon along with standard cab SD60s.
    Cheers, ns2616
    If I’m reading this correctly, is it possible to modify the Dash 9 to a AC4400?

Nice job on the tri window SD60M. I see those on the local oil train in tulsa,ok. That would be nice too have. Any Soo line SD60M’s.

When I looked up the utah belt sd60's some are on the roster with tri-windows. Not to see if if JR can make an ac6000 for the utah belt with the red front markerlight.
    Lead, Follow, Or get the **** out of the way -​Hugh "Polar Bear" Rowland
    My website: https://sites.google.com/site/gwinsplace/

Quote Originally Posted by rwwaterz View Post
    Nice job on the tri window SD60M. I see those on the local oil train in tulsa,ok. That would be nice too have.
    Tulsa, Oklahoma? That's not far from where I live. I haven't yet seen this specific engine in person, but I'm glad to know you like it . I plan on making this engine in BNSF H2 and H3 as well.

Any Soo line SD60M’s.
    Along with CP, NS, straight BN, and possibly an SD60MAC (but I didn't say that ).

Quote Originally Posted by constar261 View Post
    When I looked up the utah belt sd60's some are on the roster with tri-windows. Not to see if if JR can make an ac6000 for the utah belt with the red front markerlight.
    The SD60M's will definitely be made in UB, stay tuned

@kimo505:
    Last edited by TrainzPlayer14; November 1st, 2017 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimo505 View Post
    If I’m reading this correctly, is it possible to modify the Dash 9 to a AC4400?
    No comment lol. I feel like if I said something, many people will freak out. Lets put it this way, the future holds some gold if cards are played correctly. We have a lot of plans for that C44-9W mesh, and I mean a lot. Take from that what you will.

Blog Entries

Really cool to see some FMG in trainz, nice one. I have 012 in HO

Thanks Richard! Is your model made by Overland?

Cheers, ns2616

Blog Entries

Its an Athearn model, I don't know if it was ever publicly released, my dad scored it as a gift as he worked up there for them. I can probably flick you a couple of reference pics if you want of the real locos? Are you doing mesh changes or just reskinning? One thing I picked up is the ditchlights should be mounted on the walkway not below and the door should have a little window in it.

That is a seriously awesome model! There will be mesh changes done to it, including moved ditchlights, Canadian style cab windows, and the side cab windows will be modified to match FMG’s style. Until those get done the project is on hold.

Cheers, ns2616

Nice job on the tri window SD60M. I see those on the local oil train in tulsa,ok. That would be nice too have. Any Soo line SD60M’s.
    Yup, and CP too.

Quote Originally Posted by scratchy View Post
    Really cool to see some FMG in trainz, nice one. I have 012 in HO
    Personally, I favor Roy Hill. Even a guy from the low reaches of USA needs Australian Iron ore trains. I was working on a roy hill ES44ACi, actually painted as per proto, but ran into the whole problem of needing a larger radiator and extended frame via 3d print.

Quote Originally Posted by scratchy View Post
    Its an Athearn model, I don't know if it was ever publicly released, my dad scored it as a gift as he worked up there for them. I can probably flick you a couple of reference pics if you want of the real locos? Are you doing mesh changes or just reskinning? One thing I picked up is the ditchlights should be mounted on the walkway not below and the door should have a little window in it.
    We're doing full mesh changes to fit proto units. Both railroad-specific and region specific changes, such as teardrop windows to horns. For the moment, a lot of the skins are done so once we finish the model, we can just throw the skin on it. Same goes for brazilian-spec engines.

Small update to the Utah Belt Dash 9-44CW, with added nose stripes and the long hood logo. Gray still needs to be brightened and I need to finish painting the pilot still, will do that later. Also, this model with have a full Utah Belt light package added soon. One thing I'm not sure about is the nose stripes, would they look better extended to the edges of the nose or should they stop part of the way like they are now? I've seen models with both styles and I can't quite make up my mind, lol.

Cheers, NS2616

Quote Originally Posted by ns2616 View Post
    Gray still needs to be brightened and I need to finish painting the pilot still. Also, this model with have a full Utah Belt light package added soon. One thing I'm not sure about is the nose stripes, would they look better extended to the edges of the nose or should they stop part of the way like they are now? I've seen models with both styles and I can't quite make up my mind, lol.
    Cheers, NS2616
    The stripes look fine, and the gray looks like it matches the gray on JR's UB pack, but either way is good. This locomotive could almost be my last wish come true for trainz.
    Last edited by kimo505; November 2nd, 2017 at 11:17 PM.

Update on the UB Dash 9 and a comparison with some other Utah Belt units. I think the yellow should be brightened and and the gray a little bit. Thoughts?

Cheers, Nate