An idea for Jointed Rail's next route:

This is effectively just you wanting a specific route with specific content...

Considering that it came out with Phase IV Superliners on it, you might wanna check the era there buddy.

It is probably supposed to be more modern then. However, HP Trainz has only ever provided us with those 3 SD40-2s and the 3 GP38-2s and nothing else. So did they just not want to provide us with more modern diesels for the route or what? If it is based in the 80s or 90s, why has HP Trainz only made SD40-2s and is using only using them for all of its motive power? There were more locomotives around in the 80s and 90s if the route is based later on. The other thing could be they just want you to find other locos to go with the route from other websites and don't really care about making anymore for the route.

Last edited:
It is probably supposed to be more modern then. However, HP Trainz has only ever provided us with those 3 SD40-2s and the 3 GP38-2s and nothing else. So did they just not want to provide us with more modern diesels for the route or what? If it is based in the 80s or 90s, why is HP Trainz only using SD40-2s for all of its motive power?

They may have just not had the resources or time to make all those extra assets/engines. As Jamie pointed out the route is definitely in a more modern era because of the of the PHIV Superliners, and also, it has BNSF content, and BNSF didn't come around until the mid '90s, so the route definitely couldn't have been set in the '70s or '80s.

If you really want more modern BNSF equipment, JR has many options, freeware and payware, so does places like SRS Trainz which have some awesome freeware and payware content as well.

Last edited:
It must be based in the 90s then. However, they apparently don't have time to make more locomotives after over 5 YEARS after Marias Pass Route X and X45 came out.

Eh....imho, there isn't much point for them to make more engines when any more locomotives you'd want already exist for Trainz. And they're very good quality.

Last edited:
It must be based in the 90s then. However, they apparently don't have time to make more locomotives after over 5 YEARS after Marias Pass Route X and X45 came out.

You, uh, you don’t know how much effort goes into making a loco do you?

Just because it ‘came with’ SD40s does not mean that’s all you can run on it...

Im starting to think you’re just a gimme pig now..

Eh....imho, there isn't much point for them to make more engines when any more locomotives you'd want already exist for Trainz. And they're very good quality.
Au contraire Riley. There still isn't a decent AC4400cw out there. Keepin' the fingers crossed maybe JR has one in the top secret skunk works getting ready for release.

You, uh, you don’t know how much effort goes into making a loco do you?

Just because it ‘came with’ SD40s does not mean that’s all you can run on it...

Im starting to think you’re just a gimme pig now..

I can tell you right now I am NOT a gimme guy. Again, it is just a suggestion for their next route and I honestly think it would be a great one to do. HP Trainz's honestly isn't bad but they really didn't change too much from the TRS2004 version of it. Really the track itself and the layout of the track was the only thing that was changed. The trees are still really low poly 2d models. Other content on the route is old and low poly too.

Last edited:
Again, it is just a suggestion for their next route and I honestly think it would be a great one to do.

I think HP Trainz has the handle on Marias Pass. I wouldn't be surprised if you see another incarnation of it in another version. Right now we're working on several routes, all of which will include full RR packs.

It sounds like JR is busy with other things to be honest.

Nothing wrong with suggesting it, but I don't think it's on their priority list at the moment.

Yeah Marias Pass certainly is not on our Radar. HP Trainz did it and they did a great job with it. They are still active so as I said I wouldn't be shocked to see them do another version of it at some point. It's a great route and you can run whatever you want on it really. Right now we have several routes getting ready to all be complete so this will give us plenty to do through the Holidays. I can assure you that things at JR are actually busier than ever, it's just we can't quite say yet what we're working on. I can tell you y'all will LOVE it, I promise.

@Charlielima: ;)

Mike

Au contraire Riley. There still isn't a decent AC4400cw out there. Keepin' the fingers crossed maybe JR has one in the top secret skunk works getting ready for release.

There was a render of what is almost certainly an AC4400 posted by JR in July I believe.

On another note, what is to become of the Legacy of the BN? It's an absolutely gorgeous route, but it would be nice to see something similar with a bit more of a mainline route profile. Most of the LotBN is 15 MPH max.

Last edited:
On another note, what is to become of the Legacy of the BN? It's an absolutely gorgeous route, but it would be nice to see something similar with a bit more of a mainline route profile. Most of the LotBN is 15 MPH max
Now Legacy of the BN v2 completely redone, 90% for sure.
We will be have seasonal route with mainline, new industry areas, more details and improved content, new session and updated other sessions too. And that must be all free for customers.
Route ready, but i have plans release this with a new payware train pack.
WearsPrada_59ebcb8647eb8.jpg

WearsPrada_59ebcb8615214.jpg

Looks great! Nice to see seasonal stuff too. I actually didn't know there were some seasonal trees and other content in TS12 too. I found it out the other day when I saw a few of my trees had no leaves on them and realized the season was fall or winter.

Also, I do understand that Jointed Rail has A TON of stuff being made right now because it IS almost Christmas. However, maybe if you guys run out of ideas or stuff to build or make, maybe you could consider the Marias Pass. I also know there is the Marias Pass Approach on the DLS and I had a look at it. The route ONLY HAS from Shelby to Fort Piegan. It also looks very old from looking at the content that is in it. It is from TS2009 by the way.

Last edited:
Also, I do understand that Jointed Rail has A TON of stuff being made right now because it IS almost Christmas. However, maybe if you guys run out of ideas or stuff to build or make, maybe you could consider the Marias Pass. I also know there is the Marias Pass Approach on the DLS and I had a look at it. The route ONLY HAS from Shelby to Fort Piegan. It also looks very old from looking at the content that is in it. It is from TS2009 by the way.

Have you read either of Mike's replies?

Now Legacy of the BN v2 completely redone, 90% for sure.
We will be have seasonal route with mainline, new industry areas, more details and improved content, new session and updated other sessions too. And that must be all free for customers.
Route ready, but i have plans release this with a new payware train pack.

This is brilliant news,This and Coal country are just outstanding...I'd Pre Pay for any route JR do as you get more for your money..And a great service to the Hobby

I've only heard one person call JointedRails Routes ...But i'm sure she was a bit tapped in the head :confused:

Kind Regards,
Brad

Back